Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 11:18:48 AM EDT
So I went to a gunstore today to purchase a brand new HK USP 9mm full size, but when I got there noticed that what they had listed as a brand new USP was actually a refurbished LE model. I examined it, took it apart, had a few minor dings and blemishes most looked like they were from simply from taking it in and out of the holster. Also had Trudot night sights installed. After seriously debating getting it I decided to do it. Got it for 585 out the door with a box of Hornady FTX 9mm so judging by the following pic's, how many rounds do you think went through it and was it a good deal? I put the round count at about 500 if not no more than 1000.
PS the pic of the entire gun is not mine, the pic I took got deleted someone and I was too lazy to take another but it looks the same , also sorry for the crappy phone pics.

-Dep

1.) What do you think the Round Count is at?

2.) Good Deal, Bad Deal or a Steal?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Used LE guns will often have lots of cosmetic damage on the grips from bumping into stuff like the seatbelt catch in the patrol car and such.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes there will be powder burns & dog hair.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like much less wear than on my USP45C, which probably only has about 2,000 rounds on it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I personally don't care for the HK in 9mm.  The gun is large for the cartridge. If you like it and shoot it well do what is best for you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The problem with H&K is their lack of customer service, if you never have a problem you are ok, otherwise not so much.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Fair deal.

Local shop sells trade-in USPs for $525-550.  After tax/background check fee/etc. that comes out to approximately what your deal was.

That pistol does not appear to have been fired much.  Probably spent more time in a holster than at the range.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks about like mine, and I have around 500 rounds through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top