Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2011 5:55:58 AM EDT
160K on it, my buddy has it, he used for for his long commute to work to keep miles off the other vehicles, i would be using it for same thing, Pretty much just wonder ing what kind of MPG they get, i cant find any reliable info on the web. its standard cab 2wd, Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I had that exact truck, only a 96.

It was...ok. Gutless, got high 20's for the MPG with the auto. Might do better with a manual. My trans also leaked constantly, had to keep fluid in it all the time. Engine was rock solid though, very simple.

Apart from that...it was a truck. Only left me stranded once, when I was stopped at a stoplight on a hill and my gas gauge went from "1/4 of a tank" to "fuck you".
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:01:29 AM EDT
[#2]
ha, Thanks, not sure if its standard or not , i have a text out now, i just bought a 09 silverado with the 5.3 motor and its killing me in gas
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a '96 with a 5 speed manual trans and no AC in it.
It would barely pull a 16' trailer (unloaded) so I didn't try to very often.

I averaged right at 24 mpg's combined in it over about 40K that I owned it.

It was a loud noisy peice of crap but YMMV.

ETA: I just read the other comment and I can verify beyond a shadow of a doubt that right near 1/4 of a tank of gas means you are walking!
It will not, I repeat, will not go below the 1/4 mark before you are out of gas.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:16:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I assume he's giving it to you?

My s-10 was one headache after another I would never actually spend money on one again.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a 2002 S-10. 2wd 4cyc and avg around 23-25mpg on the highway.It was also a 5spd manual.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Had an 01 4cyl auto ext cab 2wd. Consistent 25mpg if doing the speed limit. Slow slow slow, had to turn the A/C off to go up hills.

As an aside, probably the worst made vehicle I've ever owned. All kinds of little crap would break all the time. I got sick of it and made a deal to trade it in. Turning into the dealership and the alternator/battery died and I coasted into a parking spot. Traded keys with the salesman (same guy who sold me the POS) and never looked back.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Had an 01 4cyl auto ext cab 2wd. Consistent 25mpg if doing the speed limit. Slow slow slow, had to turn the A/C off to go up hills.

As an aside, probably the worst made vehicle I've ever owned. All kinds of little crap would break all the time. I got sick of it and made a deal to trade it in. Turning into the dealership and the alternator/battery died and I coasted into a parking spot. Traded keys with the salesman (same guy who sold me the POS) and never looked back.

WINNING!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top