Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2011 3:40:57 AM EDT
The WH is under investigation by some IG (I think it might have been DoJ) for the access and assistance they provided for a movie on the tracking and killing of bin Laden.  The movie is being directed by Catherine Bigelow and the writer of "The Hurt Locker" and is expected to be released next year JUST PRIOR to the election.

So, do you think the WH helped?

Heard the story on WTOP coming in to work.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The WH is under investigation by some IG (I think it might have been DoJ) for the access and assistance they provided for a movie on the tracking and killing of bin Laden.  The movie is being directed by Catherine Bigelow and the writer of "The Hurt Locker" and is expected to be released next year JUST PRIOR to the election.

So, do you think the WH helped?

Heard the story on WTOP coming in to work.

Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no idea if it is out of line for the WH to assist in making a movie like this.

Wht raises the flag for e is the intended release date.  All sorts of alarm bells going off with that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have no idea if it is out of line for the WH to assist in making a movie like this.

Wht raises the flag for e is the intended release date.  All sorts of alarm bells going off with that.

I think thats part of the investigation. WH might be releasing classified info to the movie Director to make a movie idolizing Zero so that they can campaign with it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#4]
They'll loose the IG against the WH for this but not project gun runner?!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:06:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm stunned they're investigating this in the first place!

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:06:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Distraction for the masses.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think thats part of the investigation. WH might be releasing classified info to the movie Director to make a movie idolizing Zero so that they can campaign with it.

Let me see...

What would happen to me if I would release classified info
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:43:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me see...

20 years in Leavenworth.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wht raises the flag for e is the intended release date. All sorts of alarm bells going off with that.

Let me see...

Suprise buttsexz
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#10]
And the last 2 posts are both winners!!!!

So, since we are now a nation of men and not laws, I guess the IG will find nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#11]
So Sony, who donates a lot and does fundraisers for Obama, makes a a shitload of money.
Bunch of actors (we know how they vote) make a shitload of money.
Obama essentially gets a campaign ad right before the election (who releases a movie in October?).

What do the SEALs, helo guys, CIA guys, support personnel, get? Probably another deployment and a reduction in their retirement benefits. But hey, they can take pride in their hard work helping some insanely wealthy Hollywood stars and executives get just a bit richer. Enjoy that MRE 'cause somewhere somebody's spending $500 on steak based on your hard work.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So Sony, who donates a lot and does fundraisers for Obama, makes a a shitload of money.
Bunch of actors (we know how they vote) make a shitload of money.
Obama essentially gets a campaign ad right before the election (who releases a movie in October?).

What do the SEALs, helo guys, CIA guys, support personnel, get? Probably another deployment and a reduction in their retirement benefits. But hey, they can take pride in their hard work helping some insanely wealthy Hollywood stars and executives get just a bit richer. Enjoy that MRE 'cause somewhere somebody's spending $500 on steak based on your hard work.

That's known as "business as usual".

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:03:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's a Hollywood Link to the story.  Found a Washington Post story denying it but not much else out there.

Apparently, the WH took the writer of the screenplay to the secret ceremony for the SEALs, much to the surprise of the military people there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well DUH, now everyone will want to see the movie to see what the fuss is about. Perfect advertising.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top