Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2011 9:08:04 PM EDT

My kid brother and I went to the Mayhem festival tonight for the express purpose of seeing Megadeth. The bill for the show was Trivium, Megadeth, Godsmack and Disturbed.

Trivium opened and played a great set. Before Megadeth came out, this local DJ came on stage to rile up the crowd and was saying that Dave Mustaine had been injured and had to cancel Megadeth's performance in Oklahoma City. Apparently, Dave flew to Dallas this morning, and went to the doctor for the Dallas Mavericks, who told Dave to quit the tour and go home. Dave decided to play tonight anyway. Megadeth did a five song set (Hangar 18, Headcrusher, Public Enemy #1 - a new one off their upcoming album, Symphony of Destruction and Peace Sells). After they played Peace Sells, Dave apologized to everyone for the short set and said 'They told me to go the fuck home and I told them to fuck off. Now I'm going the fuck home'.

If your hoping to see Megadeth in Atlanta, Tampa or West Palm Beach then I think you're going to be disappointed.

My brother and I stayed for half a dozen Godsmack songs, and when it got to the point where I just couldn't take anymore we left.

At least I got to see Trivium and Megadeth, even if it was an abbreviated set for Megadeth. They did rock though, and the song off the new album was awesome!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
His wrist again?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Sucks to hear about Dave getting hurt - I've seen them twice, but it was a long time ago. How long? Well, Alice in Chains was the opening act the first time, and Suicidal Tendencies opened the second...

Good times, good times...
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Tornado of Souls  FTMF Win!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

His wrist again?

They didn't say.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tornado of Souls

Dave get into the heroine again?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Dave seems very fragile.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's what I'm listening to right now
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sucks to hear about Dave getting hurt - I've seen them twice, but it was a long time ago. How long? Well, Alice in Chains was the opening act the first time, and Suicidal Tendencies opened the second...

I went to that.
Clash of the Titans tour in I think 1992.
Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth with special guest Alice In Chains.

Good times, indeed.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to that.
Clash of the Titans tour in I think 1992.
Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth with special guest Alice In Chains.

Good times, indeed.

I saw that show too.  It was awesome!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd probably like Trivium better anyway.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Geez.. I was listening to ST when Megadeath released their first album!!
I think that guys in Alice in Chains might have been in middle school then!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top