BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/10/2011 8:28:52 PM EDT
Items purchased with EBT:

Muscle milk (2 cases)
Some other protein supplement drink (1 case)
Red Bull energy drink (1 shrink wrapped case)

That was all in the shopping cart.

He also had a nice Verizon Droid phone of some type.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen similar things. 15 pounds of ribeyes and lobster.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've seen similar things. 15 pounds of ribeyes and lobster.

Must be nice
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have found that asking (loudly), "Is there a line for people that actually have money?" is a good way to piss off the leeches.
I will likely die cold and alone at a young age.  It may be worth it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh come on guys. How dare you make fun of these poor victims of a demographically suppressive social structure. They are entitled to....

Even when I start a rant I feel myself getting mad. Stopping now.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Muscle milk (2 cases)

Those are items that are very easy to resale, probably a better deal then the 50cent on the dollar they would get for the food stamps at a local C store.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh come on guys. How dare you make fun of these poor victims of a demographically suppressive social structure. They are entitled to....

I'd have no issues whatsoever if they were buying bread, milk, cheese, flour, sugar, meat and so forth.

Carts full of twinkies, soda and chips followed by a cash purchase for booze and cigarettes makes me want to throw things.
Shoot, I have money and I never buy those things.  At least someone is  

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#10]
saw some one buy red bull today also.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#11]
What's everyone's problem here... are they upset the welfare people aren't eating healthy??? Food is food... if candy feels you up and you don't want to eat meat who cars. Bitching about it isn't going to change anything.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd have no issues whatsoever if they were buying bread, milk, cheese, flour, sugar, meat and so forth.

Carts full of twinkies, soda and chips followed by a cash purchase for booze and cigarettes makes me want to throw things.

I agree
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have found that asking (loudly), "Is there a line for people that actually have money?" is a good way to piss off the leeches.

I will likely die cold and alone at a young age.  It may be worth it.

way to fix it would be to have "ebt food pantries" that the users could purchase food items from.  this way you control what they can buy and how much, anything other than this the system is going to get raped everytime.  actually the best solution would be to get rid of it all together and just have food pantries that are suppoorted locally and by donations by the comunity at large with almost out of sale date products either from the home or store and then you can write it off on your local, state or federal taxes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#15]
No cigarettes , alcohol, and lotto tickets? He's turning himself around! Full autoguy above has a good suggestion.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What's everyone's problem here... are they upset the welfare people aren't eating healthy??? Food is food... if candy feels you up and you don't want to eat meat who cars. Bitching about it isn't going to change anything.

My issue is that I work for my money.  I also live well below my means and have savings built up so I don't leech off of the arfcom millionaires if I were to ever be out of work.

Ant & the Grasshopper?  I'm definitely the ant.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Well you can go feed them with YOUR money if you like it so much, instead of MINE.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Muscle milk (2 cases)

I manage a grocery store. It is unbelievable somtimes.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#19]
There's always some kid out in front of the grocery store or somewhere in every strip mall with a plastic bin full of candy and snacks raising money for a "School trip" or a "Sports tournament" or something. I wonder how many of their parents bought their wares with food stamps at Costco?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, see it every day.

I work in a deli and have been asked more than once if they can buy bags of fried chicken with their ebt.
Also seems like a few times a week a cashier will return bags of deli meat and cheeses to us because someone put in the wrong ebt code too many times.
The bags are always the expensive meats and cheeses; $10 a pound instead of the $6 a pound off brand.

Oh yeah had some muslims today bugging me about cutting pork on the same slicer as their meat.  Same fuckers bought a couple of our $6 premade paninis.
They bitched about the price of the turkey I was cutting and I suggested our store brand instead because it was just as good.  Nope, they wanted the good stuff.

These are also the people who will bitch to have fresh chicken because they don't want to eat the stuff that has sat for a whole 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I like to buy Sushi and bottled mineral water with my EBT card......

Really.... Ask me how..... OR why.......
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, you are dead wrong.  The leeches need to be buying the nastiest shit possible, then they will die off quicker.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My issue is that we're paying for food to nourish those who can't afford it. We should be paying for bulk basics that are nutritious.

If you were buying someone sustaining food, would you buy them a $5 bag of chips or $5 worth of staples? Which will last longer and further your goals in the end?

See it every day. Need food stamps to feed there usually dirty and uncared for kids, buying them the cheapest unhealthy crap to stretch their food stamp dollar, yet have  enough money to buy a case of heineken, and carton of bensen and hedges cigs. That was one from today.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Thats nothing. Try 75 starbucks frappes, 12 nesquick chocolate milks, 10 4 packs of red bull and 3 cases of Coke.

I almost screamed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well you can go feed them with YOUR money if you like it so much, instead of MINE.

Fuck no. I don't want to feed them steaks, or chicken, or bread or milk. I don't want to feed them at all. I'm just saying theft is theft, and stealing from me to feed someone bread and milk, or candy and beer makes no fucking difference.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been tossing around an idea to a friend of mine to help me build a website called

welfarepeople.com

kinda like peopleofwalmart.com but folks will grab pics of people paying for shit with welfare.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#27]
i can not tell you how many times i have been standing in line holding meat, milk, bread, etc and having to float it on my cc because "something came up". While I stand behind a girl with a 2 buggy load of expensive sugar cereal fancy cheeses steaks and cokes who is sliding the ebt car. I even followed one outside who got into her navigator.

honest to god ( you will all probably look down on me) but I actually looked in to getting them one time. According to the .gov I made (at the time) just over the limit and had too many assets. I actually lol'd, because if i did not have any self worth I prolly could have said F it and lived the same life style by working part time and sitting at home.

I
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Please refer to my post above. I've lots to say on this.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fuck no. I don't want to feed them steaks, or chicken, or bread or milk. I don't want to feed them at all. I'm just saying theft is theft, and stealing from me to feed someone bread and milk, or candy and beer makes no fucking difference.

Used to be all you could buy on the dole was bulk food to cook at home.  The food lobby stepped in and now you can get pretty much anything, even if it isn't healthy, or cost efficient.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, you are dead wrong.  The leeches need to be buying the nastiest shit possible, then they will die off quicker.

No, they'll run to the ER to deal with their myriad of health problems. Which we will also be paying for.

My mother works for a HMO. Not only do we get to pay for their healthcare, we also pay for their ride to the clinic. Apparently the bus is too much of a hassle, my mothers clinic gives out vouchers for cab rides.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Saw a lady in a local store buy two carts full of every kind of meat they had. I then saw her two days later at her BBQ stand selling it all.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Not sure how it worked, but I saw someone at a Fry's grocery (Bell Rd near I-17 here in Phx) using multiple cards to buy stuff.
No booze or drugs but still, like three carts of food, involving two food stamp cards. Lots of "heat and eat" frozen stuff. Made me wonder what roach-coach was serving Stouffers.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Ignoring the EBT stuff, I get you could get more protein per $ buying chicken and canned tuna.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Because you are in the National Guard and you get a EBT card?  I just saw this the other day..
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This fucking guy^^??   Must be one of em huh..........Even worse is down here in the south all our damn gas stations now accept the damn things......Love watching the sorry fuckers buy kitkats and pepsi's with my hard earned stolen $$$$.......  One year is all anyone should get, if you cant get right in a year your ass deserves to kill off.......
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because you are in the National Guard and you get a EBT card?  I just saw this the other day..

The Guard no..... I don't qualify.....

Thanks for paying attention though. I have an EBT card ! What do you want to ask? 'Cause I've got ALOT of stories to tell....
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I think we need a people of welfare website. I wonder if there is a possibility of getting these leeches busted, charged, or at least kicked off the tit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Muscle milk (2 cases)

Good luck with that. Fucker should have bought a case of Imodium to fight off the "runs" that shit's going to give him.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Always nice to know that even though my grocery bill seems to be getting harder and harder to manage, that my tax money is being well spent.

Curse you mom and dad, why did you instill this insane work ethic in me? Why did you go and teach me that one should support himself and provide for his own family? Just think of the bad ass Crown Vic with massive wheels I could have if you hadn't filled my head with such nonsense.

This hurts my soul.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#42]
This stuff doesn't bother me in the least. I really couldn't care less. The way I see it is, that's not my money they're spending. Sure, it's money the government stole from me, but what are they (the government) gonna do with it otherwise? I'll tell you what: they will spend it on trampling my rights and those of other hard-working Americans, put up more cameras to watch all of us, and crap like that. I would much rather see it buy even booze (which I know they don't allow) for losers than pay another agent to harass me for trying to exercise my God-given rights in a way that doesn't harm anyone.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#43]
sounds healthier than most of the crap I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#44]
WTF is EBT?

Edit - got it.  Food stamps on a debit card.
I am sad to say I have family members who have worked the system to get these things.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Guard no..... I don't qualify.....

Thanks for paying attention though. I have an EBT card ! What do you want to ask? 'Cause I've got ALOT of stories to tell....

Ok Ok I'll bite...  I'll start with what I can see from here:  You have money to be a paid member here, you have time to set around and type on a forum instead of working, and if that happens to be your ride in your avatar , well then lets just leave it there.......Now set me str8 my man cause I honestly have'nt a clue about you brother........no offense
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Dunno what it stands for, but it's electronic food stamps. Food stamps on a debit card.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I think we need a people of welfare website. I wonder if there is a possibility of getting these leeches busted, charged, or at least kicked off the tit.
Good luck with that...

Here's a great article from the WSJ last month about EBT fraud.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304657804576401412033504294.html

From the article:

The USDA's Food and Nutrition Service now has only 40 inspectors to
oversee almost 200,000 merchants that accept food stamps nationwide. The
Government Accountability Office reported last summer that retailers
who traffic illegally in food stamps by redeeming stamps for cash or
alcohol or other prohibited items "are less likely to face criminal
penalties or prosecution" than in earlier years.

"Earlier this month, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel revealed that
Wisconsin food-stamp recipients routinely sell their benefit cards on
Facebook. The investigation also found that "nearly 2,000 recipients
claimed they lost their card six or more times in 2010 and requested
replacements." USDA rules require that lost cards be speedily replaced.
The Wisconsin Policy Research Institute concluded: "Prosecutors have
simply stopped prosecuting the vast majority of [food-stamp] fraud cases
in virtually all counties, including the one with the most recipients,
Milwaukee."

"Troy Hutson, the chief of Washington state's food-stamp program,
resigned in April after a Seattle television station revealed that some
food-stamp recipients were selling their cards on Craigslist or brazenly
cashing them out on street corners (for 50 cents on the dollar) and
using the proceeds for illegal drugs and prostitution. Washington state
Sen. Mike Carrell complained: "Dozens of workers at DSHS [the Department
of Social and Health Services] have reported numerous unpunished cases
of fraud to me. They have told me that DSHS management has allowed these
things to happen, and in some cases actively restricted fraud
investigations."

"Looser federal rules are spurring a bureaucratic crime wave. Last
December, two veteran employees for New York City's Human Resources
Administration were busted for concocting 1,500 fake food-stamp cases
that netted them $8 million."

And MY Favorite...

" The food-stamp poster boy of 2011 is 59-year-old Leroy Fick. After Mr.
Fick won a $2 million lottery jackpot, the Michigan Department of Human
Services ruled he could continue receiving food stamps. The Detroit News
explained: "If Fick had chosen to accept monthly payments of his
jackpot, the winnings would be considered income, according to the DHS.
But by choosing to accept a lump sum payment, the winnings were
considered 'assets' and aren't counted in determining food stamp
eligibility."

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#49]
It's a credit card for food stamps....
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top