Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I think this is an important sign of the times.

I live in a UAW town, the union will literally drive to your house and take you to the voting booth on election day, I'm sure that was the case with the public employee unions in this recall election.

That the average Joe Blow could turn out in enough numbers to beat back the unions is a good sign and means there is still hope for this country,

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#2]
That was nice news to wake up to this morning.

Perhaps we are at the brink of a conservative re-awakening in this country.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm just here to get in my daily "fuck unions" post.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I live in a UAW town, the union will literally drive to your house and take you to the voting booth on election day, I'm sure that was the case with the public employee unions in this recall election.

That the average Joe Blow could turn out in enough numbers to beat back the unions is a good sign and means there is still hope for this country,

What he said.

What I was afraid of with this in WI is that the Dumbocrat and Union supporters would show up in stronger numbers, since they initiated this shit.

Que the 'HA-HA' picture now.    

Can't wait to hear the libtards up there start whining.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#5]
DU was saying this should be an easy win for them.  They must be yelling "election fraud!" this morning, as there is no way the people would vote that way...
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:47:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You don't have to. At least one was whining about "election irregularities" last night.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:49:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I went over to cnn this morning to see what spin they had on the news, and from reading the comments, some of the posters are actually saying it is a win because gop lost two seats.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys would not have believed the local Liberal media bias in this election.

But we overcame it and won anyway!
This is an EPIC win on a very tilted playing field.

The solid , down-to-earth, hard-working residents of this State have finally had enough Liberal hippie/ student crap and are no longer gonna tolerate it!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:53:42 AM EDT
[#9]

"The revolution has not occurred," said UW-Milwaukee political science professor Mordecai Lee, a former Democratic lawmaker. "The proletariat did not take over the streets."

This is what we are up against.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#10]
The Republicans still lost two of the three seats. That doesn't sound like such a great win in my book.
Lets see what happens when the Dems go for their recall vote.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:58:10 AM EDT
[#11]
They retained control of the State Senate. That is a win.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:59:04 AM EDT
[#12]
All that money the Unions spent and wasted...could have been better used in almost any other way, but since they wasted it on fruitless endeavor, well good deal. Its less money they have to spend in defending the Democrat seats that are up for recall election next week. The Republicans could actually take a seat away from the Dem's if they win in next weeks recall election.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:59:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Republicans still lost two of the three seats. That doesn't sound like such a great win in my book.

They lost 2 of 6, not 2 of 3.  One of those two had some kind of scandal as well.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#14]
haha.jpg

and there are two dems up for recall next tuesday, go get em cheesheads
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:04:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Awesome. What about the upcoming recall elections against the two Dem state senators? What are the odds right now against them?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:06:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Awesome. What about the upcoming recall elections against the two Dem state senators? What are the odds right now against them?

And why are two Dems being recalled?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:06:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't have to. At least one was whining about "election irregularities" last night.

And they still didn't win in spite of the irregularities they were pulling

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:08:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You gotta think that these two dems must be regretting the unions pushing this recall effort.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:15:27 AM EDT
[#20]
The news would make it sound like 75% of the state was pissed at the evil republicans.

In reality it was only small vocal minority.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:18:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You gotta think that these two dems must be regretting the unions pushing this recall effort.

And now the Dems can't win but might lose even more. It's beautiful.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:20:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We will see.
The youth take over and and i just don't see it.......yet
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:21:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Did you see what this "academic" said:

"The revolution has not occurred," said UW-Milwaukee political science professor Mordecai Lee, a former Democratic lawmaker. "The proletariat did not take over the streets."

The Marxist verbiage speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:24:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Before we go out celebrating in the streets, 2 republicans were recalled.

Republicans hold a 17 to 16 majority.  That's still real close.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Did you see what this "academic" said:

The Marxist verbiage speaks volumes.

...and when we claim our enemies are communists, we're always mocked.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:32:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Cue the HAHA! gif.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:33:07 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

This is the election I'm waiting for, if the two Dems lose their seats, it will be a sign of things to come.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I think so too.

For all the bitching and moaning, you'd have thought that every citizen of Wisconsin was pissed about the Union upset. Turns out, it was just a minority, screaming really loud, and now they can STFU.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the election I'm waiting for, if the two Dems lose their seats, it will be a sign of things to come.

They might, most Dems will give up knowing they can't get control and might just skip next week's election. On the other hand, GOP supporters will be out for blood.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#30]
And the official response from the Wisconsin Democratic party is:

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Cue the HAHA! gif.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:36:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Interesting choice of terminology, that is.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:37:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It made me smile, I was beginning to get worried after I read how much outside money was dumped into the state to help the libtard fuckstains get back in control.

Good news!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:38:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Wow - they even have red shirts like good little communist cadre members!  And is the one with glasses wearing a Mao button?!?!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Interesting choice of terminology, that is.

He used terminology right from the communist manifesto.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wow - they even have red shirts like good little communist cadre members!  And is the one with glasses wearing a Mao button?!?!

I don't think so, but here's a telling piece about the blue fist:  

http://www.expressmilwaukee.com/article-15057-creator-of-the-blue-.html
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:44:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#40]

That was my first thought! Go WI!

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I went over to cnn this morning to see what spin they had on the news, and from reading the comments, some of the posters are actually saying it is a win because gop lost two seats.  

Not a loss when you beat the barbarians back from the gate.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm just here to get in my daily "fuck unions" post.

Fuck Unions.

Me too.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

the seats for the recall were 1 held by a R in a huge D area.  Known loss.
An R who left his wife, and moved out of the district to be with his younger mistress.

Both lost.  Millions spent by unions, and they did not get control of the Senate, AND there are still 2 dem recall seats, which have no meaning, so may not get the left support needed..

It's a WIN.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No reason needed in Wi.  Just enough signatures.
But as to why, they should all be recalled for dereliction of duty when they fled the state.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
All that money the Unions spent and wasted...could have been better used in almost any other way, but since they wasted it on fruitless endeavor, well good deal. Its less money they have to spend in defending the Democrat seats that are up for recall election next week. The Republicans could actually take a seat away from the Dem's if they win in next weeks recall election.

Now, inform me once again. Where did the unions get the 36 million that they spent on this recall debacle?

I believe that they took this money from union folks so it could pay pensions and

Oh.

Never mind.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For fleeing to Illinois to delay a vote
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

This is what we are up against.

Mordecai Lee was on our local Fox affiliate all last night giving his insight into the recall election races.  The guy is, by any standard, a communist.  It's sad that he teaches at a public university and tax dollars pay him to create a new generation of communists.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That close huh? If I were one of the 17 republicans, I think I would start carrying 24/7 and wearing body armor That may be a bit too tempting for the looney left.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And now the Dems can't win but might lose even more. It's beautiful.

If they lose more seats, can you say MANDATE. Gov Walker can.

Fuck unions and their useful idiots.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The Republicans should hit the bricks and get signatures to recall any of the 14 other dims who were in close races.

That's the Chicago Way

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top