User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2011 7:30:58 PM EDT
Because it's hand cranked ?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
what ever happened to the little crank attachment you could buy and it went inside your trigger guard?

same idea, I guess.  as long as it's not more than one shot per pull of the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

what ever happened to the little crank attachment you could buy and it went inside your trigger guard?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe that is correct. If you put a motor on it, then it's a machine gun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm trying to think of what it was called...
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Correct. Crank's are a-okay
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Crankfire?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#7]
It was called the "GAT Trigger"

http://www.ar15.com/content/products/triggers/gat/
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What about a hamster and a wheel?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

BMF Activator? I think that you can still get them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#10]
What if you say made a trigger that had 3 stages and each stage fired a shot?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Officially, I don't know, but IMHO I would say no, it isn't a machine gun because a machine gun uses the power of the round going off to reload itself and fire another round.  But what do I know?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

BMF Activator? I think that you can still get them.

yeah, that!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#14]
The handlebar gun was only the start...the real game changer is when they make the pedals of a bike crank the firing mechanaism.

"We're gunna make a foot pedal cranked masheen gun, a cranked gun has never been done and will be legal to sell without permits"

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
What about a mini palm nailer against the trigger?

Not serious..

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude! Write that down and send it to the tech branch!

Amish armaments

ETA:  Meet Jebidiah

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the operation of the electric switch causes more than one round to be fired.

You could* mount a solenoid to fire the trigger, and as long as it only caused the trigger to function once for each time it was pressed you'd be fine. Twice and you're a felon.

* theoretically, and as always subject to the ever churning winds of reversible decision and unreferenceable citation that is the Technical branch

ETA - the crank handle was the BMF activator - basically a 4-lobe cam in a housing with a handle attached that pushed out a rod to operate the trigger.

Emory Jones makes (or at least did make) a 6 lobe crank for 1919s.

But yeah, that would be interesting... solenoid activated trigger that fires as fast as you can tap the button.  Wheeee.    

You could even make it so that the solenoid activated in both states of the button.   Press the button = fire.  Release the button = fire.   Since those are separate conscious acts, that should still count as separate activations of the trigger, right?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The handlebar gun was only the start...the real game changer is when they make the pedals of a bike crank the firing mechanaism.

"We're gunna make a foot pedal cranked masheen gun, a cranked gun has never been done and will be legal to sell without permits"

Hmmm...

Now what you need to do is build a mount similar to the Soviet light AA mounts that includes a seat and a clutch that you can engage to traverse the gun/seat using the energy from the pedals.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Gatling guns are Title 1 firearms.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the operation of the electric switch causes more than one round to be fired.

You could* mount a solenoid to fire the trigger, and as long as it only caused the trigger to function once for each time it was pressed you'd be fine. Twice and you're a felon.

* theoretically, and as always subject to the ever churning winds of reversible decision and unreferenceable citation that is the Technical branch

ETA - the crank handle was the BMF activator - basically a 4-lobe cam in a housing with a handle attached that pushed out a rod to operate the trigger.

So.  Is the BMF activator still legal?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#23]
wasn't there some company out there that made a belt fed 5.56 gatling??
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#25]
That secondary device attached to your trigger guard in MN will set you up for a felony firearm violation in MN.  YMMV in your state.  Gatling gun is still legal though.
It's the secondary trigger device the law is targeted at.  Not sure about the stock that slide fires an AR but I wouldn't want to try it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Still available, at least here...
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amish armaments

http://hamsterdreams.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/20090313-today-hamster11.jpg

It's been asked before. A guy on the something awful forums sent the ATF a letter about it, however i cannot find the thread.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So.  Is the BMF activator still legal?

yes.

$20 at Cabelas

http://www.cabelas.com/10-22-accessories-bmf-activator-1.shtml

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That secondary device attached to your trigger guard in MN will set you up for a felony firearm violation in MN.  YMMV in your state.  Gatling gun is still legal though.
It's the secondary trigger device the law is targeted at.  Not sure about the stock that slide fires an AR but I wouldn't want to try it.

Yep. a 1919 with a crankfire attachment is bad juju up here.

But you can buy a real C&R 1919. Go figure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
http://www.fastfire.biz/high-tech-spy-devices/crank-fire.jpg

Nice airsoft gun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:33:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amish armaments

http://hamsterdreams.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/20090313-today-hamster11.jpg

It's been asked before. A guy on the something awful forums sent the ATF a letter about it, however i cannot find the thread.

What was the response????/

If it were to be aproved.  Then guns wouldnt kill people,  Hamsters would
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:38:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It was called the "GAT Trigger"

http://www.ar15.com/content/products/triggers/gat/

Thats not the crank one I saw. it had an actual handle not some little cup for your finger tip
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

put DOWN the motor and step AWAY from the Gatling gun!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
http://www.fastfire.biz/high-tech-spy-devices/crank-fire.jpg

That with a cordless screwdriver and the right bit to fit the crankscrew in the middle will get you busted for a machinegun, the "trigger" becomes the cordless screwdriver, as long as you hold the button down it fires...
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why??? Local reg? Its not prohibited by anything federal.

If you want a crank get a M2 with crank. And yes the crank is a 10 dollar home built I really enjoy

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Why not this....
Gatling Gun Kit
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I still think the Calico 2-22 with the flywheel operated toggle cam and the 1919A4(?) style trigger was sheer genius.

I'm not familiar with that one. More info, please.  (I tried googling, but only came up with their 100-rd rifles and pistols in .22LR.)
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Just found this online under British Gatling Guns it's in an auction starting bid 600 bucks.It's a .22 caliber version.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats one....i have one too!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#42]
What about shotguns with two triggers?  Is there a limit on how many triggers a gun can have?  Or how close there are to each other?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:25:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What about shotguns with two triggers?  Is there a limit on how many triggers a gun can have?  Or how close there are to each other?

It doesn't matter as long as each trigger only fires one shot with the single function of the trigger, 1 shot each time the trigger is pulled and released.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:34:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why??? Local reg? Its not prohibited by anything federal.

If you want a crank get a M2 with crank. And yes the crank is a 10 dollar home built I really enjoy

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/taylorwso/WindowsPhotoGalleryWallpaper.jpg

Yup, state law.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#46]

OKGuy91 brought one of those to the Hun Farm once.  Interesting, but, just like all 10-22s reliability was an issue.

Not to mention the 'jump/juke/jive' that a crank gave to your aim point.  Bullets in every direction.

When i owned a 1919, I had a 6 lobe crank.  you could get cyclic rates if you cranked properly, but, over speeding the crank would cause a failure.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#47]

This thread goes to show how utterly stupid the regs are. With all the BS about "the screwdriver becomes the trigger" yada yada. We can have crank operated weapons that can probably fire just about as fast as full auto but allowing the gun to fire full auto with just the trigger pull alone is a no no. Stupid fucking laws and regs.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you could manufacture a gatling gun but not attach a device to the trigger that turns an already-existing gun into a gatling gun?

THat is just stupid. Every time I think I've heard the dumbest possible gun law another one pops up that's even dumber. A totally arbitrary and capricious law that serves no purpose other than to make life difficult for gun owners.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So you could manufacture a gatling gun but not attach a device to the trigger that turns an already-existing gun into a gatling gun?

THat is just stupid. Every time I think I've heard the dumbest possible gun law another one pops up that's even dumber. A totally arbitrary and capricious law that serves no purpose other than to make life difficult for gun owners.

...Pretty much. Honestly it doesn't bother me very much, as I view %99.99 of those things as gimmicks and stupid, anyway.

It'd be really neat to have one on my 1919 though But, I'll live without it.

Who knows, maybe in the past (remember, MN was a "vacation" state for all those fun-loving Chicagoians during Prohibition) there was a serious problem with crank-fired rifles in the hands of outlaws
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top