Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2002 8:56:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Now, that's funny and I agree with Eric.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
[u]That[/u], [b]mr.thebeekeeper1[/b] is funny!

Yes, it was the furthest North that the fellow has ever been!

Can't blame me though, the last time a Hun came this far North, he was in cuffs aboard the [i][b]USS Shinola[/b][/i], heading for a spell of confinement at Camp Morton, Indiana, right outside Indianapolis.

I was skeered that some folks might want to reenact the scene with another Hun descendant!

After all, I've heard about all those Civil War reenactments and I just didn't want to get caught up in the spirit of the period!

You don't have to teach a Hun the same lesson twice! [:D]

Eric The(MoralOfTheStory-Don'tGoNearVicksburg,Mississippi,DuringTimesOfCivilUnrest!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]
So, a man from Iowa goes down to Texas to visit. While he is walking around he sees a small boy being attacked by a vicious dog. The man runs over and hits the dog with a tire Iron killing it.

Another man rushes up and says, "That was great. I am a reporter for the local paper, can I do a story on you? I can see the headline now, LOCAL MAN SAVES CHILD!"

"Well", the guy from Iowa says, "I am not really from here, I am  just visiting".

"Hell, thats fine son", says the reporter. We can change it to "SOUTHERN GENTLEMAN THWARTS DOG ATTACK!"

"Errrr, actually, I am from Iowa", the man says. "Oh", Says the reporter and walks away.

The next day the tourist is reading the local paper and sees a story with the headline "DAMN YANKEE KILLS FAMILY PET"

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#4]
While I am from the former Indian Territories (Oklahoma), I must confess, that the last time the Loathing's were in Georgia, we were burning the place down and tearing up the railroads. Riding at the right hand of Billy Sherman.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Post from Fearandloathing37 -
I must confess, that the last time the Loathing's were in Georgia, we were burning the place down and tearing up the railroads.
View Quote

Sooo, [u]that's[/u] how the term 'loathing' came to be!

I've always wondered!

BTW, the Cherokees of the Oklahoma Territory made excellent Confederate soldiers at the Battle of Pea Ridge, Arkansas!

Also, the State of Georgia wants to know where to send that invoice....

Eric The(Kidding)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I must confess, that the last time the Loathing's were in Georgia, we were burning the place down and tearing up the railroads.
View Quote

Sooo, [u]that's[/u] how the term 'loathing' came to be!

I've always wondered!

Eric The(Kidding)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

PLease don't tell us your mother's maiden name was "Fear" !   (I too have wondered.)
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Post from 5subslr5 -
PLease don't tell us your mother's maiden name was "Fear" ! (I too have wondered.)
View Quote

'Fear' is a word that is not found in the Hun Dictionary, [b]SubDude©[/b].

Not because we Huns don't 'fear' anything, it's just a very pathetic little dictionary.

Eric The(It'sNotEvenArranagedAlphabetically)Hun[>]:)]

Note: [b]SubDude©[/b] is a registered copyright of Arock Enterprises.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#8]
No No No, The way you get a Hun to loath you, Is to tell 'im that you found a copy of Douglas Southall Freemans Four Volume Biography off Robert E. Lee, copyright 1946...at a garage sale last week ...for...$10

I know that was a cruel thing to tell a hun, That a Yankee could possibly be placing those beloved tomes on his book shelf at this very moment.

Ohhh the Cruel Horror of the Yankee's
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Post from 5subslr5 -
PLease don't tell us your mother's maiden name was "Fear" ! (I too have wondered.)
View Quote

'Fear' is a word that is not found in the Hun Dictionary, [b]SubDude©[/b].

Not because we Huns don't 'fear' anything, it's just a very pathetic little dictionary.

Eric The(It'sNotEvenArranagedAlphabetically)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

HUN, we know your mother's maiden name was 'Norse' - I was wondering where the "fear" in "Fear and Loathing" came from ??
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#10]
From the title of the book "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" by Hunter S. Thompson.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I Love it!
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I know that was a cruel thing to tell a hun, That a Yankee could possibly be placing those beloved tomes on his book shelf at this very moment.
View Quote

Yankee? I thought you said you were from Oklahoma?[:D]

No, it wouldn't surprise me a bit! Men of the sort of strength of character as Robert E. Lee are admired all over the world.

And I'm just pulling your leg about that invoice from the State of Georgia being due and payable and all.

The Statute of Limitations ran out long ago for trying to collect for [u]those[/u] damages. [:D]

Eric The('TeachYourChildrenToBeAmericansNow'-R.E.Lee)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
From the title of the book "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" by Hunter S. Thompson.
View Quote

Got it !  (And another of life's mysteries - solved.)
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I was just kidding you Hun, I have always Thought that to understand American Military thought, Even in these modern times, one has to understand the American Civil War.

Some of my fondest memories from childhood, are of touring the battlefields of Pea Ridge with my father, who would relate even the smallest details of the battle, to us young Loathing's.

I collect Civil War Books to this day.

In fact you could say, that my instrest in military rifles, started three decades ago as, I, as a young boy, held an old Minnie Ball Bullet in my hand, turning it's dirty and corroded surfaces over, examining it, to see if there was some secret locked therin, that could explain the deadly intent of the man who had fired it in anger, more than a century before.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I [b]knew[/b] you were cool, [b]Fearandloathing37[/b]!

I just got caught up in the spirit of Mark Twain's American classic [i][b]Huckleberry Hun[/i][/b], after touring Hannibal, Missouri, with the BRC crew.

What do you mean, it's [i][b]Huckleberry [u]Finn[/u][/b][/i][b]?[/b]

It was [i][b]Huckleberry [u]Hun[/u][/i][/b] in our house!

Next I suppose you'll tell me that Ernest Hemingway's classic novel was not titled [b][i]The Hun Also Rises[/i][/b][b]?[/b]

Eric The(Semi-Literate)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I am glad Eric went north.  Otherwise I could not have met him.

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

.....The Hun Also Rises[/i][/b][b]?[/b]

Eric The(Semi-Literate)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Now wait a minute !  You and the G.Man had just about convinced me that only Jesus.........??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top