Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2002 6:49:39 AM EDT
As most of you already know, I lost my partner on the morning of 09/11 (Carlos Lillo PDNY-EMS).
In his honor we had his shield duplicated, added a teardrop, and silkscreened it onto the side of our(his) ambulance. One of our MOS is an Air Force reservist who was subsequently activated and is now in Afghanistan. He's a TSgt on board a refueler. Seemes that he and the crew decided to do the same thing and silkscreen Carlos' shield onto the side of the tanker. Apparently, its the talk of the town over there and all the brass wants to take pictures with it (They initially thought they were going to get an ass chewing for doing it). He sent over a pic of the shield. I thought it was pretty cool and decided to post it....

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/ChrisLe%2FKCTanker%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool, thanks for sharing.  Were you with him in the area when he died?  I have some pics of ambulances in the pile, which you might be interested in.  I took them on 9/11 at g-zero.  Email me if interested.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding. Payback is a bitch.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Very cool, thanks for sharing.  Were you with him in the area when he died?  I have some pics of ambulances in the pile, which you might be interested in.  I took them on 9/11 at g-zero.  Email me if interested.
View Quote

I was there for both collapses and didn't go home for the first three days. The only reason I even went home on the third day was because the soles of my boots had melted through from standing on the hot, burning beams on the pile. Kept going back day after day until we finally recovered what was left of Carlos on April 23rd. Even after that I continued to go back. Funny thing is, I never took any pictures during the eight months I was down there. Unfortunately, I don't need pictures to remind me of what happened there on that day.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top