Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2002 8:10:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No, that wouldn't happen. Intermant camps for non-citizen arabs would make too much sense to ever happen.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you would see something like that happen.  That goes against all our beliefs in this county.  With the wrong politicians in, you possibly could see that.  However, with George W. Bush, that wouldn't happen.  He is a believer in our countries freedoms.  What I do think could happen is that anyone who is not a citizen of the USA, such as a student on a visa, or others here on any other status, would be forced to leave and the federal agencies would go full force on finding any illegals and dealing with them accordingly.   This would be a last resort however.  I hate to say it, but what we saw on 9/11/01 was what happens when someone is willing to give their life or their freedom for a cause.  We as a society have a great place to live and we fight hard for our freedoms.  The unfortunate thing is that we aren't as safe as we think.  But we are safer than most of the other countries in the world.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I think if there is another attack there is going to be a serious backlash against anyone who looks like a arab.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
We can only pray for backlash (against proper muslim-arabs) and internment.  I wonder how many Jews would protest?  Outside of the ACLU that is.  As a group that went into concentration camps, but on the other hand has been under attack by arabs, do you think they'd give a shit?
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Our safety has always been the result of our geographic isolation. Unchecked immigration, container shipping, and things like that undermine our geographic isolation and make us an easier target.

One solution is to start performing immigration sweeps in areas heavily populated by Middle Easterners, but the ACLU would have a fit, and it would probably be political suicide.

It will take a another major event and the resultant outrage to get Johnny Q. Citizen off his ass. When that happens, things could get ugly.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]
The more likely scenario would be this: They will put all [b]non-muslims[/b] in interrment camps. Then they will be able to predict, with a fair amount of accuracy, where the next attacks will occur. Allah forbid we offend the muslims. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Bruce Willis would have prevented 9/11,
instead Bush is recruiting future FBI agents in mosques
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top