Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2002 6:35:08 PM EDT
In one word:  AWESOME!

The quality of people I met was amazing.  I got to meet quite a few board members.  I don't remember everyone (I suffer from real bad CRS) but among them were Happyshooter, Nekkid80, DonR (He who has the BIG KEY), Goatboy (baaaaaa!), Tattoo (and Crew), Eric The Hun, TheBeekeeper, NSF JoJo, and more!  All the Cav Arms guys were in suprisingly amiable moods, and it was great to meet and talk with in person the guys from DPMS, Bushmaster, Lauer Weaponry, and GPSS.  

I even got to meet MissMagnum, however, she was too busy fending off rabid men to talk!  I also wanted to meet the NY crew, but they were pretty busy (deservedly so).  Speaking of the NY crew, the Hero rifle dedication was awesome.

The mood of the event was amazing.  It was one big family.  I was there by myself and wasn't bored or lacking for conversation at all.  Everyone was scary friendly, and the children present were polite and extremely well behaved.  The chow was great.  The club chosen to host the BRC is amazing.  It's beautiful country and the facility itself had a great family atmosphere.  The range was quite a hike, but the scenery along the way made up for it to me....it's my kind of country!  I think I have my wife talked into going next year, and the "family event" direction they want it to be going in is right on.  If you want a hardcore, all shooting event, go to Knob Creek.

Link Posted: 6/2/2002 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
In sum, it was well worth the money and time!  
[rant on]
You guys who boycotted it because it was in an anti gun state are f-ing washed up.  What better way to take the fight to the antis than host a successful family event right there?  Given the political climate isn't the best **BUT** I saw no sting operations, no blacked out vans at the end of the road, no state police roadblocks, and the gas station in Pleasant Hill had "Welcome Black Rifle Convention" on the marque.  It's not the best choice to let dumbshit politics drive you away from solidifying our community on a personal level and helping to legitimize our facet of the shooting sports to the sheeple.  My humble $.02 on that issue.
[rant off]

Sorry to those that I forgot your name, but thanks to all of you that I met and hung with, I had a great time.  Thank you!  

P.S.  Beekeeper gets a special thank you for letting me shoot his .50.....my very first time shooting one!  I think the bug has bitten!  
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How many pictures of ARLady, Miss Magnum and tatjana will we be blessed with?
View Quote

Sorry, didn't see Tatja or ARLady, didn't get any pics of MissMagnum.  She wouldn't sit in one place long enough!!!!![flag]

Link Posted: 6/2/2002 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry, didn't see Tatja or ARLady, didn't get any pics of MissMagnum.  She wouldn't sit in one place long enough!!!!![flag]

View Quote

I couldn't make it.  :(
View Quote

That was a bummer.  I would have liked to tip a brew with ya.  There was no shortage!  :-P
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Would the said wrestling match have involved any mud? [;)] j/k
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got one of MIss Magnum. Dunno how to post them. I will e-mail them to someone who does however....... Just put AR15 in the subject line so I won't delete it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw you with beekeeper TheKill. It was my wifes first time shooting a .50 and it wasn't even mine. She loved it Thanks beekeeper[:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I saw you with beekeeper TheKill. It was my wifes first time shooting a .50 and it wasn't even mine. She loved it Thanks beekeeper[:D]
View Quote

They aren't as scary as they sound.  I remember now, you were the other guy with beekeeper.  She did go ahead and shoot it....awesome!

And yes beekeeper, I plan on buying one!!!!![:D]
The only problem is, I can't afford one RIGHT NOW!!!!![>Q]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#15]
It was a around good time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#17]
It was one of the most unforgettable weekends of my life!

Knowing what I know now, I simply cannot imagine [u]not[/u] going to the next one!

Eric The(Can'tWaitForTheNextOne!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#18]
The first thing I want to do is hand out a very well deserved thanks to the Avila's (The A Team), for hosting this board and giving us all a base for things like this to happen.

Thanks to Grin & antiUSSA for being willing to tackle such a monumental job like this, and be able to make it as great as it was.  (I still think you two are nuts[;)])

Thanks to all the vendors and sponsors for their donations, their presencence at the BRC, and for their support for our sport.

The biggest thanks of all has to go out to the members here who took their time and money to travel from all over the country to make this one of the best times I've ever had.  

On our way home last night, my wife and I both agreed that when you leave an event like this and you're already missing some of the folks you've met, the reason for the event was a success.

Link Posted: 6/3/2002 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like it was a real blast. I hope I can make the next one. I probably would have spent some time in the freezer with shadow if it was that hot. I'm used to cool weather here on the Oregon coast..... Looked like some folks did a lot of work settin this thing up. KUDOS on a successful get-together! Bee, e-mail commin at ya!
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

P.S.  Beekeeper gets a special thank you for letting me shoot his .50.....my very first time shooting one!  I think the bug has bitten!  
View Quote

Beekeep should get a medal for letting people shoot his .50 for FREE.  Someone told me he went through over 90 rounds total for the weekend.

The oooooppppppssss! of the weekend at the .50 range, was some guy shooting Armor Pierce Incendiary through a 2" steel target backed with a hay bale!
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Beekeep should get a medal for letting people shoot his .50 for FREE.  Someone told me he went through over 90 rounds total for the weekend.

The oooooppppppssss! of the weekend at the .50 range, was some guy shooting Armor Pierce Incendiary through a 2" steel target backed with a hay bale!
View Quote

Tell me about it!  I really tried to get him to accept a donation to help offset some of that cost but he would have none of it!
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#23]
anyone that missed this event VOLUNTARILY is a moron!

there are too many folks to thank in a post limited to a mere 3500 characters!

i am proud to call you all "friends"!

don r told me it hit 116°f in the vendor's tent...and i believe him! friday was nothing short of hades hot! probably near or above 100° in the clear sunny skies.

the shooting was fun, the camraderie was more so...and entire brc crew deserve all the thanks in the world!

for those of you that could not, or chose not, to go...there is a little event called bulletfest coming up on june 29th. just me and a few hundred of my close personal machineguns...er...friends...partying and blasting the bolts off everything we own! YOU are invited! you can bet that many of the brc folks will be there too!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top