Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2002 6:56:47 AM EDT
We just moved to the great state of Nv. last week and my 11yo boy and I thought we best cheek out the rang. My good friend Gunmonkey came along with another friend who just picked up a AR50 what a BLAST! (note that his shooting glasses are flying off his head)            [img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/karri/robert=50.jpg[/img]

This is his new favorite [img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/karri/robert%20uzi.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#1]
That's great.  Must be an awesome experience for an 11 year old.  I fortunately have an opportunity to shoot .50's more than most and it is a big treat for me.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny, you don't often see pictures of people firing these things from the prone position...[BD]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Funny, you don't often see pictures of people firing these things from the prone position...[BD]
View Quote

Actually, the AR50 is not bad at all when shot prone.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Nevada was a great state.....then it was Kalifornicated,polluted,exposed,over run with more Kailifornifucks,
Where did you come from to really think Nevada is a oasis of Heaven.....ooops never mind...a bigger S***Hole than the one thats been created here!!!<<< not a rant ...just the facts.Serbu...500yds. IMI..what a rush....congrats on your slice of Paradise
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, the AR50 is not bad at all when shot prone.  
View Quote

That's good news (I was envisioning a collar-bone problem).  How much more of a pounding than a 12 gauge or a .30-06?
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The AR-50 is VERY plesant, recoil wise.. I attributed this mainy to the excellent muzzle brake Armalite has used..

It's backblast is noticeable however,and this, rather than acual recoil might explain the specs being knocked off..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nevada was a great state.....then it was Kalifornicated,polluted,exposed,over run with more Kailifornifucks,
Where did you come from to really think Nevada is a oasis of Heaven.....ooops never mind...a bigger S***Hole than the one thats been created here!!!<<< not a rant ...just the facts.Serbu...500yds. IMI..what a rush....congrats on your slice of Paradise
View Quote
Where in NV are you? For the record, we don't consider Las Vegas a part of Nevada, it's actually a suburb of LA. Lake Tahoe is just for rich people and the migrants that serve them. The rest of us are still living the good life.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is his new favorite [img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/karri/robert%20uzi.jpg[/img]
View Quote
If you really loved the boy you'd get him one of his own.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Have any close ups of the AR-50?  I'm working on picking one up.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
How much more of a pounding than a 12 gauge or a .30-06?
View Quote
It's so sweet my STG 58 (.308) kicks harder than the AR50 did![:D] It was a true treat for both of us!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have any close ups of the AR-50?  I'm working on picking one up.
View Quote
Sorry I sure don't that's my only one I have.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's good news (I was envisioning a collar-bone problem).  How much more of a pounding than a 12 gauge or a .30-06?
View Quote

I have shot the M-82 and the AR50.  I would say they are both similar to a 30-06.  However; it is a 'bigger' recoil if that makes and sense.  I find both very easy to shoot, the Barrett vents a bit of gas in your face from the action and the AR50 has a bit better recoil reduction.  If you double up on the ear protection and get rid of the initial intimidation factor, shooting a .50 is really nothing but FUN!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top