Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2002 7:53:10 PM EDT
Sure, your fancy new laptop has a glitzy screen and all the latest multimedia doodads. But can it stop a bullet?
"It can stop a .44 Magnum round or a 9mm full-metal jacket, which covers a good portion of what you might face if you're a soldier or a police officer on patrol."

[url]www.xybernaut.com/newxybernaut/company/public/press/2002/pub_prss_2002_029.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm... Windows XP does kinda piss me off, and that Dell sitting next to me is kinda a piece of crap... Mabye I'll see if it can stop a bullet or three, or mabye 30.
[}:D][}:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
now , now mace..

Lets play nice ... if you do test it out... make sure you do it out of 3 10 round mags .... wouldnt want to piss of a soocer mom now would we?[;)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Well it aint now!!!!

Thanks alot for making me try that!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
now , now mace..

Lets play nice ... if you do test it out... make sure you do it out of 3 10 round mags .... wouldnt want to piss of a soocer mom now would we?[;)]
View Quote

If they bother me, I'll just tell them that I am a CIA Delta Green Beret SEAL Recon SWAT practicing for a trip to the mall. If they question me, I'll simply flash a Blockbuster Video membership card.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
my mom's PC fried its self the other day so next weekend i am taking it to be serviced with 30rds of ammo!! [50]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, i plan on shooting up my computer just as soon as my new one is built.  My gateway is about 4 years old and giving me troubles.  I hate it with a passion and I have decided its time for it to die.  I plan on putting it on vidio, but I'm having a hard time deciding what to shoot it with.  I'm thinkin a barrett will do on the monitor and the AR-10 would be good for the tower, or maybe the shotgun would work better....
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I made the mistake of shooting a computer monitor with a shotgun... Big deal! It didn't do much but put little holes in the screen. I then stepped up to a 30/30. That baby exploded! I want to see what a .50 would do to a monitor. Yes, I think the 50 BMG would be the appropriate round to use on a monitor. You need to be respectful, and dispatch the monitor as quick as possible. You wouldn't want the monitor to die a slow death, would you?
Be sure to post the video. [50]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Heh, my PC case is practically armor plated as it is, I think it weighs about twenty pounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top