Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2002 3:36:25 PM EDT
Read the book and don't go. Just wasn't as good, or any where near as good as the book.

Unforgiven is on tonight on Satelite. A good Eastwood flick!
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got back from the movie, too.  It bore a passing resemblence to the book, but that was all.  Nonetheless, I did enjoy the film.  It had a lot of well done scenes and did a pretty good job of building tension.  What more can you ask from the movie mill?

Just don't go in hoping it will be like the book; it will be a major letdown.  That's the reason I'm glad I saw Patriot Games before I read the book.  It liked the movie when I saw it, and reading the book afterwards was great, too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Good.. am reading the book right now as was thinking about being lazy and just going to the moive..

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't read the book. I have learned not to ready the books prior to seeing the movie.

I liked it! Talked to someone afterwards that did read the book. They made a good point that all the details had been changed. But, the story line was still true to the book.

They said that the book is nicely woven with several sub plots. But trying to recreate them on the screen would have made a bad movie. But just by taking the main story and rewriting it into the screenplay was acceptable, and that they did a very good job.

My 2¢
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top