Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2001 9:24:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't help you with the dealer question but I have had experience with the silencer, auto question.  Each requires a seperate tranfer tax and BATF 3 form.  My advice, if you are going to buy both...get them at the same time as you will have to have someone..police chief, sheriff etc. sign the form.  In my neck of the woods, they don't/won't do that now.  14 years ago, I purchased a cobray Mac-11 and could kick myself for not getting the suppressor.  I did get a suppressor for a 22 rifle and have had a hell of a time getting replacement parts.  Now I can't get anything.  So "if" you can get it..get it while you can.  Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about Pheonix, but in Tucson, Peter Hills ([email protected])is one great guy to deal with.

You can also look atthe Bowers Recommended dealer list...
http://www.subguns.com/c2c3/c2c3.htm

The MG and the silencer (supressor) are separate items so each require a separate stamp and thus $400 in tax.  

With a registered receiver M16 you can go safe-semi-full, safe-semi-3rd, safe-semi-3rd-full.  It just depends on which fire control parts you put in the gun.

Personally, I wouldn't deal with Advanced Armament.  They're a little cheaper, but their supressor designs look like they were stolen from GemTech IMHO.  GemTechs are the top of the line stuff, fairly affordable, and they pay attention to customer service even long after they've made the sale.  You have a problem with a Gemtech, and you can be sure they'll take care of it.

A registered receiver M16 will run you anywhere from $4500 to $10,000 depending on the model, manufacturer, condition, etc.  Godd quality conversion guns are available for about $5k, but you're not going to score a factory Colt M16 for that.

How much are you looking to spend?
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#4]
With a few hundred bucks more, you could get a lightning link - not as good as a reg. rec. M16, but you'd be shooting FA through your AR15.

Other than that, for $2k, I'd start with an M11 SMG. Parts are cheap and available...and made in the US so you don't have to worry about imported parts restrictions.  They'll eat just about anything you can stuff into the mag.  They are reliable...unless you get a bad mag, but other than that, they are incredibly reliable shooters.  And finally, you can upgrade them with all sorts of stocks, uppers, sights, and slow-fire conversions so they can be competitive with SMGs costing much more.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#5]
You can bag a new MAC 10 or 11 for around $1500.
They are good firearms but run at an extremely high rate of fire (up to 1200 rounds/hour), making them hard to control and very expensive to operate. Uzi's go for around $3000 and would be a better choice.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Try AWC www.awcsystech.com for the can, they are in that area and are class 2 mfg. IMHO they make the best 5.56mm can around.

I own a few of their cans and have nothing but good to say about them. One on a high cap Para Ord, and one on an open bolt smg which can be deployed as soon as it breaks the surface with no wait in water operations. I beat them to hell and back and no problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top