Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2002 11:41:26 AM EDT
PLEASE, Please, PLEEEAAAASE don't youse guys go and make my life hell over here any more than I already have, but y'all may find this thread interesting.  Lots of Canucks over here, and they DEFINITELY have the "defenselessness is bliss" attitude.  Once again, I'm not lookin' to stir up the beesnest anymore than I already have!  I have to live there too, ya know!  But, presented for your amusement:
http://www.popuptimes.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13501

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.popuptimes.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13501[/url]

keving67
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I don't know how to do that.  Can someone tell me?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Folks you GOTTA check this out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------

Bet you didn't know that a can of 'oven spray' is your best defense against two and four legged assailants !

And it just gets better.

ph119, this is my best laugh in weeks.  My first thought was this some kind of joke but apparently these are real people.  

Thanks for the post.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
some of those posts are scarry, I mean REAL SCARY.. to think that there are "people" out there that think that way (anti's or close clones of such..)
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks!  I don't know how to do that.  Can someone tell me?
View Quote

Put 'url' in square brackets in front of the address and '/url' in square brackets behind it. That makes the magic.

For the full list hit the 'Board Code' link under the text box where you enter your posts.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Camping without a weapon(s)....the very notion leaves me almost speechless...I would leave the tent home first...
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Okay, who signed up for their board and posted as DSR611?  It wasn't nice to call Suezeque a soccer mom.  

In reality, she's a stupid, misinformed bitch of a soccer mom.  Get it right.
View Quote

It was not me!!![;)][:D]
Thanks for correcting [s]me[/s]---um, I mean this imposter!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys better stop messing around over there.  They have a Gen-U-Whine formally and extensively trained weapons expert over there. [rolleyes]

Posted by SteWART:

Yawn, Yawn, Yawn, All this insecurity and paranoia bores me.

I've had formal and extensive weapons training on the:
M-14
M-16
M-60
38mm
45mm
9mm and
Shotgun.

In other words I was trained to use firearms responsibly.

There's no place for them in public unless your wearing a badge. So let's quit whinning and arguing about this poor subject and talk about something that is more unifying. Pop-up Camping.

God Bless
View Quote

Can somebody tell me where I can get formal and extensive training on a 38mm and 45mm?

BWAHAAHAAHAA

[:D] [:D] [:D]

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]
CAMP NINJA!!!!  Bwahahahabwha!!!  I LOVE it!!!I may just change my name to Camp Ninja!!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Ummmmm

Lots of Cannucks??

Hmmmm

Seems like Lots of Yanks and a few Cannucks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#15]
These people must have been playin' with their "Popup" On 9-11. Morons! AB
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Got a good laugh at the typical brain dead anti-gunners.

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
These people must have been playin' with their "Popup" On 9-11. Morons! AB
View Quote
November Sierra.  Makes me wonder if they ever do any real camping - more than 30 seconds walk from pavement or underground utilities.
Probably not.
View Quote

Hey now!!  Don't knock the pop-ups!!  I spent YEARS doin' the "real" camping thing, and now it's time to relax.  I have A/C, heat, water, power, stoves, yadda yadda yadda.  I love it!  It makes for good family time that we simply wouldn't do if it were having to tent it with 2 small kids.  I'll still tent it occasionally, but please don't make the assumption that "we" have never really roughed it, generally all of us with campers spent years doing it that way and now we want actual COMFORT!!![smoke]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#19]
would you like to poke a hungry bear with a "sharp object"? I would put my money on the bear[:)] fullclip
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#20]
If poking the bear doesn't work...

Posted by 4inapopup:

As I said it is a situational thing. Given the fact I can not out run one and IF one is chasing I will indeed poke. My hiking stick has a pointed metal tip and if it's all I got I will use it after other things like backing away slowly, [b]clapping the nads over the head[/b] and all the other things that experts recommend you do fail.

View Quote

clapping the nads???  OUCH!!! [shock]
I could have SO much fun in that thread, but I'll respect ph119's request and not respond to these mental midgets.

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe the bear will sit at the campfire with them and sing inspirational songs...fullclip
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#23]
There's just too much to do over there.  I was in target-sensory overload.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the bear will sit at the campfire with them and sing inspirational songs...fullclip
View Quote
The bear will respect their feelings and show sensitivity to their dislike of guns.
View Quote

Either that or roast "them" over the campfire... fullclip
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There's just too much to do over there.  I was in target-sensory overload.
View Quote

Like a fast flushing covey of Quail, can't tell which one to shoot first[:D] fullclip
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#26]
i got a kick out of that board.  

as far as the bear thing.... i get 'Outdoor Life' magazine.  they have a section in the mag about surviving certain situations.  here's one about bears:

your're casting for trout along a river in northern montana when a sudden crash in the bushes spins you around and you find yourself face to face with a grizzly bear. it rears up to full height, bares it teeth and roars.  then it drops to all fours and rushes you. what would you do to survive this encounter?

A. Stand as tall as possible, wave your arms and roar back at the bear in an attempt to convince it that you're a threat to be avoided.

B. lie face down on the ground, cover your head with your arms and play dead.

C. climb a nearby tree, preferably one that is small enough that it wont support the weight of the bear.

D. dash across the river, because bears are often afraid of crossing current.

thats their choices...  i guess they are assuming you dont carry while fishing.  why?  i dont know.  its just a scenerio.

here's their answer:
B. lie face-down on the ground, cover the back of your head with your hands, spread your legs slightly to keep yourself from being rolled over and pretend you're dead, oferring no resistance.  make no eye contact, and, if you can, talk softly to the bear.  the bear is likely to maul you for a few moments, but then lose interest.  self control in this situation is not easy and you might end up with some serious injuries, but this is your best bet for survival because resistance often cause grizzly bears to attack more forcefully.  ( on the other hand, you should fight back against an attacking [i]black bear[/i] boar; he's not just roughing you up-he wants to eat you.)

i thought that what interesting.  i dont think i could just lay their and take it.  well... i will never be in that situation because he would of had a bunch of bullets in him when he first stood up and roared.  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#27]
ROOOOAARRRRRR!!!!!

BLAM, BLAM

ROOARR.....RRRRRRRRRMMMMGGGGG!!!!!!!!

BLAM, BLAM, BLAM

RRRNNNNNNGGGGGGG...........

BLAM, BLAM

SLEET, KICHAK........BLAM, BLAM, BLAM, BLAM

Link Posted: 6/4/2002 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't get the thread.  Has it been deleted?

Damn!  Missed another one!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't get the thread.  Has it been deleted?

Damn!  Missed another one!
View Quote

Yeah, ya did.  Their wittle feewings got hurt over there, and they have NO stomach for debate, so not only was the thread deleted, but ANY refrence to evil guns in ANY thread will now get it deleted and possibly me banned.  I dunno why I even hang there.  I love my camper and camping, and many of them over there are cool, but the general lack of fortitude for anything controversial puts me off my food!  And Double Feed.......thanks again for the laugh and new handle, I LOVE IT!!!  Camp Ninja, GOD that tickles me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top