Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2002 7:30:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
To bad you were not coming more east. There is a pretty good range Near Port Huron.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Sixgun357, what range is that? I'm only about 30 minutes from Port Huron and never knew they had a range around there.

Keving67
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Bluewater Sportsman Association. ON Ravenswood Road and I-94. Wednesday and Thursdays Night are highpower night from 5 till dark. Shoot from the mag and any Position. They just dont allow rapid fire. Let me know if you are going sometime.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]
tatjanna, your best bet is probably the south Kent sportsman's club in Door Michigan
(just slightly south of GR)

[url]www.sksc.org [/url]

Rifle Ranges

Open daily 9:00AM to dusk
500 meter covered rifle range
200 meter covered rifle/pistol range
100 meter covered rifle / pistol range
5 general-purpose bunker ranges

Pistol Ranges

Open daily 9:00AM to dusk
200 meter covered rifle/pistol range
100 meter covered rifle / pistol range
2 center fire pistol plate- target machines
5 general-purpose bunker ranges

[b](machine guns and 50 cal's welcome)[/b]
assuming all your papers are in order of ourse
[;D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone know any AR friendly ranges near Grand Rapids?  Grand Haven?  Muskegon?

I'm looking for something outdoor, 200 yards or better.
View Quote

You in Oregon, Michigan, or Switzerland this week?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#6]
You are coming to MI Tatjana? Wonderful! We have a beautiful state here (Detroit excluded) and you shall doubtless make it more beautiful still with your presence. I bid you welcome!

Sixgun- sir! Do you have any contact info for this range.... I am in Macomb Twp. and 94 is real close to me. I need a new range since I refuse to go to DSC anymore. Blue Water Sportsmans association sounds like a nice place. What type of facilities do they have?

Dram :)

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#7]
tatjana,When I lived in Michigan,that is where I got my ccw.We qaulified at a place called Twin Lake Gun Club,I'm pretty sure they are open to the public.Twin Lake is located almost straight east of Muskegon,if you would like I could get you the name & number of the instructor that took us there,he's got a nice little gun shop in Fremont,Mi...
Jim.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Well the best way to get some info is to come on a High Power night on either Thursday or wednesday from 5 till dusk. That was you can come and see the ranges and get some shooting in. If you like the place you can pick up an application or fill it out right there. I think I pay $100 a year, Plus $15 a year for the range key. With the range key I can come and shoot anytime I want as long as there is not a event going on. There is a 100 and 200 yards rifle range and a soon to be completed 300 yard on I think. Nice Pistol bays. I will be there on thursday email me if you need directions.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh here is our web sight. [url]http://www.bwsa.freeservers.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Tatja.... I could only recommend ranges in the Kalamazoo area , but if this is any help just say the word.

I see ARs out @ mine all the time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Sixgun357, its amazing the things I miss in my own backyard.  I'll definately have to sign up some time this sumer.  It looks like a really nice place.

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
If you come alittle further west you can shoot at mey club in Howell. You could even sgtay at my house.[}:)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#16]
If you come alittle further west you can shoot at mey club in Howell. You could even stay at my house.[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#19]
  Hello tatjana,

You should really look into the Holton Gun Club just North of Muskegon off of M-120. Me and a couple buds shoot just about every weekend there. We bring out AR's, Shotguns, Long guns and pistols. Anything goes at this range.

I'm pretty sure it pretty close to where g45_70m is talking about. It has 200 yard range and a 300 yard range all outdoors. It also has 1 indoor range for pistols or rifles.

Best thing about it is it's only $20.00 dollars a year for a membership and key :) Worst thing is that they have alot of National Bench Rest shoots on the weekends in the summer. But they usually get done in the mid afernoon.

If you want more directions or a phone number to call just ask
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tatja.... I could only recommend ranges in the Kalamazoo area , but if this is any help just say the word.

I see ARs out @ mine all the time.
View Quote

It is!  What's available?
View Quote

Hmmmm..... I suppose I should've mentioned that neither of the two here in town are public-ranges.

I am a member of Kalamazoo Rod and Gun Club. They aren't even accepting anymore new applicants, due to a member-cap that they have met or exceeded.

The other would be Southwest Gun Club. They are members-only too if I recall correctly. Never been out there myself. I think they're still taking members.

If you're looking for open ranges, 'fraid I'm not much help there. I can't imagine you'd want to join a range where you'd just be visiting, but I can have more thorough info posted for you if you still see it as an option.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#21]
You are correct, I am east of Lansing. About 1 1/2 hours east of Grand Rapids. To far for ya?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top