Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2002 6:40:12 PM EDT
While everyone was busy watching the Lakers, the Redwings trounced Colorado 7-0!!!

I really hope the Lakers lose tonight.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, being a AV's fan, I can admit that we lost, and we lost bad. [:(]

However, it still does not change one universal constant:

[b][size=6]THE REDWINGS SUCK![/size=6][/b]

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT [<]:)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
It seems like Roy decided he wasn't getting any help, so he stopped trying himself.

The Red Wings handed the Av's their asses.

And a few very deserving players on the Red Wings should be hoisting the cup in a week and a half or so for the first time.

On a good note, the Av's should get some pretty good tee times for Sunday.

And now, I will officially retire my 2001 Av's Stanley Cup hat. [>(]

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OK, being a AV's fan, I can admit that we lost, and we lost bad. [:(]

However, it still does not change one universal constant:

[b][size=6]THE REDWINGS SUCK![/size=6][/b]

View Quote

This is great.  Have been a Wings fan since spending summers "Up North" in Michigan, and since playing hockey since age 5 (Mites).  Live in CO, and see that the bumperstickers this guy quotes are representative of a class of fans that feel proud to pronounce a goalie's name correctly, but have no concept of the rules of hockey.  Few know from where this new school team has come.  Few can name three players on the lineup.  

It seems that people in Colorado are among the worst of fair weather fans, I regret to say.  How little attention do our beloved Broncos get now that Elway is gone!  Yes, I realize that some of the resentment comes from the demolishing of an all-time great stadium, but once the wins start to get increasingly rare, so does the support.  Our fans so often do nothing but provide inertia for a streak, and cheer only when the going is good.  

If there was a better concept of hockey, or sportsmanship here, then people might be saying things like "Thrashers Suck" or "Nashville Suck", but they instead choose a team of future hall-o'-famers?  Bizarre!

I listen outside, and will hear at the pub tonight nothing but wailing crying:  "Whaa, whaa, whaa. . . "

The Wings will take the cup, and if they lose one in the series, then they will take it at the Joe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top