[#1]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I would take it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Heck yes, if I knew where the guys that stole the explosives were, I'd drop dime on 'em in a New York second.

I just can't believe they are only offering $5000, Hell the OKC bombing cost millions, a dirty bomb could cost BILLIONS, they are offering $25.000.000 for Osama....

You would think that the genius brain trust at ATF, could offer more of a reward than a crumby $5000 bucks. Heck, averting anouther bombing should be worth at least a 100k.

$5000 is not even enough to allow an informant to relocate to anouther part of the country after the trial ends.

Note To Federal Agent Monitoring AR15.com:

Tack on a couple of zero's to your reward. Trust me, it's cheaper in the long run, Than the million dollars worth of overtime you will have to pay the agents sifting thru the ruble of the next building that terrorists blow up in this country. $5000 shows a total lack of seriousness about homeland security.

Just think, of the Media field day they will have with you, if the the nut jobs, who stole those explosives, actualy use them to kill a bunch of people. Every pundit, on every news show, on every network will be pointing to the $5000 dollar reward as a joke and proof of massive incompetence at ATF.  

[thinking]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
of course its not like i have to lie or something
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]
it is not the batf's money, it used to belong to the taxpayers.  as a taxpayer myself, i would rather up the reward than pay the overtime for agents sifting through a mountain of rubble.  the gov't offers 25 mil to people whose currency is in goats and chickens, but gas money in this country where the dollar is valued above everything by most people.  

Greta (fox news)is a bitch, but she had the agent in charge of this pending fiasco on and he came off as an arrogant jerk.  she kept asking what kind of damage that amount of explosives could cause and he would not answer.  i don't think he had a clue.  not surprisingly, he seemed concerned more with the company meeting their weekly check-in requirements and their log.

The amount of the reward proves what a farce 'homeland security is.

yes, i would drop a dime on the perp(s) in a heartbeat.  

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#8]
the fact that every one so far will take the 5 grand is why its so low...

1/2 of pakistan knows where Osama eats breakfest every damn morning and still  they dont turn him in for 25 mil.

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#9]
If i knew who had it I would probably find a way to get my hands on it.  I have always wanted to go fishin with it.  Come to think of it, it might be fun to blow up some prairie dogs too.   Crap, black helicoptors are overhead....  gotta go.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Curt Behnke called in his spotter, "Okay, get with me now...."
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If i knew who had it I would probably find a way to get my hands on it.  I have always wanted to go fishin with it.  
View Quote

My favorite fishing tackle, DuPont spinners!

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top