Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2002 3:53:36 PM EDT
Just wanted to check and see if you are having any problems or anything I should watch out for.[;)]Except the high payment[>(] Looking at the 2002 sierra crew cab[:P] Comments.......
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a new chevy silverado (same thing, different decals) and I love it!  Not one complaint about it.  

Keving67
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
2002 Yukon Owner here, truckchassis anyway.

Bought it last August, you know, like 11 days before Sept 1 and all the "0% Interest" deals.

No problems mechanically, slight dash rattle that I haven't been able to let them fix yet.

All the gadgets still worrk, but it's only been 10 months or so.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a new chevy silverado (same thing, different decals) and I love it!  Not one complaint about it.  

Keving67
View Quote
What year is yours?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
2002 with all the o% interest deals and 2000$ back [:D]
Keving67
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 4x4, extended cab, long bed and all the options. Got it for $3900 under sticker with 0% financing[:D] No problems so far.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#6]
2000 GMC YUKON!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just wanted to check and see if you are having any problems or anything I should watch out for.[;)]Except the high payment[>(] Looking at the 2002 sierra crew cab[:P] Comments.......
View Quote

I found out that the payments aren't all that bad if you put half down when you buy one[:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I found out that the payments aren't all that bad if you put half down when you buy one[:D]
View Quote
OOOOOOOoHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  Thats what I am doing wrong Hooooooneeeeeeyyyyyyyyy  wheres the check book I know there are more checks in there [:P]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Awhile back there was a thread about the beds being made of very thin metal. Supposedly if you bolt a tool box across the back of the bed and drive the truck over rough terrain the sides of the box will actually buckle.  

GMC/Chevy supposedly came out with a support kit that can be ordered by the dealer to eliminate the problem.

As I recall the bedrails were very easily dented also. I don't know any of this to be factual, I just remember reading a thread about these problems owners of newer GMC/Chevy trucks said they experienced.  Am-O-Tramp
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#10]
hey, wth is up with all that plastic body panels?  looks fuggly!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
If I remember correctly Am-O-Tramp, that was on the HD models.  As far as I know, its been fixed.

Keving67
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the 1500 4x4. I have a tool box on mine and haven't experienced any problems
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I got a new Chevy Crew Cab Dually.
I had to take it to the shop yesturday bacause it had a small leak coming in from the top running lights and the dash had a section that was peeling.
It has an 8.1L engine that was consuming oil for the first few months, but now seems fine.
Other than these minor headaches I am very happy with it and if needed I'd get the same truck again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top