Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2002 7:59:09 AM EDT
Next to my truck an older gentleman pulled up and unloaded an extremely nice .308 bolt action. He set up a couple of lanes away and began to shoot. We are a friendly bunch at this range and a couple of us went over to see what was going on. Well, he would shoot a group of 10 very slowly and then at the end of the relay, he would bring back his target and we would stare in awe at the slightly ragged single hole! This was at 200 yards and we were very impressed.

OK, now it gets kind of wierd and cool. At the end of 3 relays, he opened up the back of his topper on his truck and begins to rummage around in the back. He comes out with a complete reloading set up! He then starts to reload the 100 rounds or so that he d shot up until then. Has anyone seen this?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Not exactly like you said, but I;ve seen guys with portable reloading set-ups doing load development at the range.

It give you something to do while the barrel cools between strings.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:05:37 AM EDT
[#3]
See it all the time.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The range i go to has one guy who comes with 20 rounds, shoots all 20, reloads them and repeats. Does that about 5 times then goes home.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The range i go to has one guy who comes with 20 rounds, shoots all 20, reloads them and repeats. Does that about 5 times then goes home.
View Quote

Sounds like a guy with a career in inventory control.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#7]
My Father-in-Law and I do it all the time. The only difference is that his range is on the side of his house (the in-laws live in rural AR, and we made a 100yd range right off the porch) His reloading bench stays in the house and we work up different loads to see which is best for our respective guns. Lots of fun, and a great way to kill a whole day!! Not to mention no range fees!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe thats all the brass he can afford lol ! [:d] but really I seen this done to. Something they clean the barrel after every round.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't reload ,we have a bikini clad ammo girl at the range and no one would dare bring reloads and put her out of a job:)
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:08:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope he measures case length!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top