Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2002 1:39:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:09:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Good! One less case of spending $50K/year to keep someone in prison. My question is, why didn't the 12 members of the jury do something besides bleat like the frightened sheep they seem to be?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
My vote is GOOD! Maybe we should have an gun  (empty) close to all convicted felons!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Its only fair to give each juror a handgun of their choice during the trial.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:48:04 AM EDT
[#4]
OK, liberals, let's hear you whine about how this woulda never happened if the evil officers were not allowed to carry weapons.....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:23:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"It wasn't pandemonium"

- Judge Jacqueline Schellinger

What do you think she would consider pandemonium? Maybe a velociraptor attack?
View Quote

Ban velociraptors!  Do it for the children!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I think it's good.  This has been in the news some around here (Madison, WI).  

In his short life, Ball had fathered six children, family members said, and had been charged with a dozen felonies and several misdemeanors.
View Quote

They found Ball guilty of felony murder and two counts of armed robbery in the death of Amon Rogers, a 27-year-old Oregon man who was visiting Milwaukee in December and was shot in the back for his Rolex watch.
View Quote

There is no telling what this animal would have done had he gotten loose.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:21:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Normally, in Milwaukee Circuit Court, defendants wear stun belts. If they make a move too suddenly, they get a shock (remote controlled) that brings them to their knees...completely incapacitated.

What troubles me most about this case, is an informant from the jail told authorities of the (late) defendant's plan to do something like this.

The officer who shot and killed him, had previously testified aginst him in court. Poetic justice or bitter irony...I can't decide.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Poetic justice or bitter irony...I can't decide.
View Quote

I choose both.  Ironically there was justice.  And in a courtroom !
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Hmmm, Obvious answer would be, godd when the good guys have them, bad when the bad guys have them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Funny thing is, in some courtrooms police officers appearing as witnesses aren't allowed to be armed.  I know they [i]are[/i] armed whenever testifying in Dane County, as they apparently are in Milwaukee County.

I say all LEO's should be armed at the very least.  I have to think about participants.  Hmmm.

But, if you've never been inside a courtroom and witnessed the SHTF like this, I tell you, it will leave an impression.  I've only been around scuffles, compared to this.  End result is usually a mob of deputies piling on the BG.  This must've been something.  I'm glad that none of the good guys (LEO's, attys, jurors, etc.) got hurt any worse than they did.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#12]
courtroom justice.
how ironic..........and unusual.

seems that even though justice is blind, the detective's aim made up for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top