Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2001 6:16:25 AM EDT
my post in the Industry forums under Armalite. Read 'em and weep.....I know I did!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:20:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Where?
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I told ja, boy!

Ya'll buy them expensive toys and ya'll cry when they fall apart.

Bwahahahahahahah!!!

prambo

Remember 418 - Never Again!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Ha ha. Ho.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Bummer! I have'nt had any problems with mine.
At least it happened under the best possible
set of circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it probably was a fluke. The part was cast on the AR10. How about on the AR15? The bolt carrier on the -10 is much more massive than the -15. Well, time and a new part will tell.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw that other post.  What kind of snitch is this?  He reminds me of the doofus in high school who would raise his hand and whine about somebody else for anything.  

Why would anybody raise a good issue then shoot himself in the foot whining like this?  It looks like a cry for attention.  Get real.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
And that folks, is why I love Armalite.

The people working for this company are the "good guys" and hopefully you will learn that soon.  You've got a rifle with a lifetime warranty that is made by a company with what is regarded as having one of the best customer service departments in this section of the industry.  Armalite goes out of their way to be involved with it's customers and I don't see how trying to make a huge deal out of what is a minor part breakage will serve to help you in any way.

Usually when you're hoping for a company to provide you the quickest and most timely customer service issues then the last thing you do is piss them off by dishing out what is in effect a insult of sorts.  It's one thing to bring it to their attention, that's what you did in their forum, it's another thing to go around shouting it everywhere and making somewhat of a big issue out of it.

Fortunately with Armalite I don't feel this is true but for other companies it could be said that the company you piss off today might not be there for you tomorrow.  In a position where you've got a lifetime warranty that's a hell of a long time to have a company think of you as a trouble maker or a pain in the neck.

And yes, the bolt carrier of the AR10 is a lot heavier and more massive than an AR15 bolt carrier.  But did you notice that the bolt catch on the AR10 is much more massive than that found on an AR15?

Have you read the technical bulletin reguarding that AR10 bolt catch and that Armalite actually provides the AR10 with a larger bolt catch than the one that you would find used on the SR25.

Yes, it's a buzzkill that a part on your brand new rifle broke.  I'm sorry to hear about the bolt catch but it doesn't mean that the entire rifle is crap.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#9]
SP10,

If you look at the number of parts made, you will have parts fail based on a Weibul distribution or more commonly   “a bathtub curve”.  Things break.  It is the way of the world.  But like I told you in the other forum, “it is hard to be pissed-off with a rifle that shoot .33MOA.  I have an M15A4 on order.  You can tell from the fit and finish that the rifles are world class even before you fire them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#10]
The bathtub curve?  Great name.

It would really be a pisser to have them tell you to get lost, but I doubt a company that big would get so petty.  The double-posting just seems cheap though.

Seriously, ArmaLite is building a great rifle at good prices.  They really stand out in an industry full of "factories" in garages.  My biggest problem is figuring out which of their rifles to get next.  I've got an M15 too, but want my next AR to be a .308.  I've looked at the FALs because of their lower price and cheap mags, but they're all made with surplus parts.  The AR-10s are all new production.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:42:13 AM EDT
[#11]
T2,

Get the AR10T.  You will love it.  

Also: If you liked the bathtub curve, the first part (of the bathtub)is the “infant mortality” distribution.  This is one of the many thrills of product reliability.

Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:45:34 AM EDT
[#12]
T2

Get the '10.  I love mine.  Never had a failure of equipment or function that was not pilot induced and I've done some pretty stupid stuff.

Like working up loads and switching bullets, same weight, without checking OAL.  Blew the ejector right down the hole over the ejector retaining pin.

Armalite sent me the repare parts (ejector, spring and retaining pin was all it needed) over night at my request so I could make it to a 1000 yard shoot that weekend.  It was a Thursday I had the brain fart.   I think it cost me like $40, $35 of which was shipping.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
 Frankly,  this type of thing is chickenshit.  That's an official company position.  
View Quote

Now that just ROCKS!  It's calling a spade a spade and not pulling any punches, that's the sort of thing Teddy Roosevelt might have said.

Now I just have to spend money with Armalite!  I feel a warm bond growing with the company.

I was offended by the crybaby whining and multiple postings too.

Crying over one small broken part will he be suicidal if he makes a scratch on it somewhere?
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Heh heh. Sorry if I offended anybody, as it was not my intent. BUT! I posted this on the GDF because I figured not everyone may read the Armalite forum and I wanted the most feedback-from Armalite customers and users, not just from a Moderator hyping his product (although I must admit the chickenshit part was pretty funny!). If you read my post, I don't think I was too nasty about Armalite, and was mostly positive, ( except for the section about the gun dropping misc. parts on the ground). OK, maybe I could have been a mite more tactful...that might go for more than just me!

It is interesting to note that I was NOT the only person to have experienced a similar type of failure. So if it is a fluke, it is not an exceedingly rare one, based on the limited results from this board. Sometimes the truth hurts. Maybe Armalite doesn't have a problem with this part, but on the other hand, maybe?

I will also save you guys a trip to the Armalite forum and say that my new part is at my FFLs. I'll pick it up and off to the range I'll go ASAP! Gee, thank you Armalite!

Stay tuned for further incoming! And for you sensitive types, I'll keep your delicate dispositions in mind on my next post!

Link Posted: 4/2/2001 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top