Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#1]

So in this week's news, we have seen isolated incidents in Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Missouri.  

Slow week.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Anything less than being fired and loss of all benefits is unacceptable.

A fat knot on his dome would be considered a bonus.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So in this week's news, we have seen isolated incidents in Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Missouri.  

Slow week.

Thin Blue Line
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Slow week.

But we are seeing the officers fired for it.  I'll just keep an eye to see if the cop gets his job back with back pay thanks to the union.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Slow week.

As recording ability gets easier and smaller, there will be more and more of these.

Majority of people are decent in all professions.  But there are always some jackwagons in every group.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Hoss....Hoss.....Hoss....
Taunting, taunting, fishing, taunting..

"Im tired of seeing you around"- Sounds like he needs a new job.

"You're lying, you're lying"

"Right off the god damn bat"

"Im gonna put lumps on you"

"Bullshit"

"All fucking lies"

"blast you right in the mouth"

This isnt policework, this is fucking sickening. That is abuse under the color of authority and a fucking felony.

"Do you want me to pull mine and stick it in your head"
And he will be put back on the streets..

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#8]
in police talk  does relieved of duty mean fired.. or on paid leave..

what about the partner that did nothing ..  ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#9]
dupe x 3

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1209112_Shocking_Failure_To_Notify_Dash_Cam_Footage_Tonight.html&page=6
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Eh, there's a  jerk off  in every workplace. I'm not surprised to find that the Canton PD had one also.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Tag

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#12]
The Facebook update is not a dupe. Please don't lock.

The DASHCAM video was added for backstory only.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Props to the Canton PD for not hiding or minimizing the incident. Very good of them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Reserved for after viewing the video...

It's pretty fucked up. The cop is an asshole.

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

in police talk does relieved of duty mean fired.. or on paid leave..

what about the partner that did nothing .. ?

SOunds like somebody was relieved from the Road and are on paid or unpaid admin leave pending an investigation.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Facebook update is not a dupe. Please don't lock.

The DASHCAM video was added for backstory only.

Well, the facebook link is in the other thread too......................

Here it be, as the responses continue:  http://www.facebook.com/notes/canton-police-department-ohio/dash-cam-video/207621069290829?notif_t=note_reply
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow.

Isolated incident I'm sure.

At least officer fuck stain gets a paid vacation for his wonderful police work.

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Lots of fuckups in that video. The LEOs being the first. Driver second; "I've never done this before..."
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Eh, there's a  jerk off  in every workplace. I'm not surprised to find that the Canton PD had one also.

A "jerk"? Really?

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Props to the Canton PD for not hiding or minimizing the incident. Very good of them.

I'll give them credit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Is he just being an asshole here or is this a blatant crime?  Do cops this out of control deserve to be prosecuted?

Just asking
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.  All you can do with a wrong is try to correct it and make it right.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Shit, thats because they cant. Dont you think they would delete that entire post if they thought they could sweep it under the rug? Some things you cant just make then "go away" and this is one of them. The next best solution is to suck it up and face it head on.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#24]
You consider a facebook an update?
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is he just being an asshole here or is this a blatant crime?  Do cops this out of control deserve to be prosecuted?

Just asking

er, yes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anything less than being fired and loss of all benefits is unacceptable.

A fat knot on his dome would be considered a bonus.

Damn right!

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Slow week.

I missed that one, link please?
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Just asking

Intimidation and threats. All while he's in handcuffs? Yeah, I look forward to the charges against him. If nothing else, that officer demonstrated that without a doubt, he is too dangerous to have a gun.

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You consider a facebook an update?

Do not undervalue Facebook as a means of communication.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just asking

Intimidation and threats. All while he's in handcuffs? Yeah, I look forward to the charges against him. If nothing else, that officer demonstrated that without a doubt, he is too dangerous to have a gun.  

+1

His threats were no different than someone else on the street.  He should face charges just like anyone else

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll give them credit.

It's a smart move on their part - saying nothing would look extremely bad for the department.

They've got a good PIO or someone with crisis communications training.

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#32]
I like how the cop started to threaten to bring them in when they saw nothing, no foul play, or anything...
One of the first things out of his mouth.

The woman says she lives there - the cop, "I tired of seeing you around here."

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#33]

I've never watched the video for this one.  That officer must have been having a bad day!
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#34]
I hope I never run into an officer that hopped up. When threatened with getting shot my reply would go something like (No I wouldn't like that at all officer) probably would get me shot with my hands twistie tied behind my back.

On another note, wouldn't it make a lot of sense to remove everyone from vehicle before searching it?
As I watched the video I cringed that a bad guy could smoke the officer that was searching the back seat.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#35]
do we really need a 3rd topic on this?  esp when the other two are still on the 1st page...
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#36]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1209112_Shocking_Failure_To_Notify_Dash_Cam_Footage_Tonight.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top