Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 7/19/2011 4:18:03 AM EDT
Taking the whole family to this little hole in a wall Mexican joint down in St. Louis last night. I get pulled over for speeding in this small (known for speed traps next to the airport) municipality. Guy was a dick from the start. Here is the transcripts:

Douche nozzle (DN): Good evening, I'm DN with the Wewilltakeyourmoneybecausewehavenothingbettertodoeventhoughourcrimeratesarethroughtheroof Police department, and the reason I pulled you over is because you were doing 62, in a 55.

Me: Wow, you must be really good with that laser, to hit me through all of this traffic. BTW, I am the ******* with (My department), and I am armed, as is my wife.

DN: We don't run laser. Let me see your badge, license, and proof of insurance, and keep that firearm on your side.

Me: Of course. Handing all my info over, including my LEO ID, and badge, I ask, so what kind of radar are you running, Stalker?

DN: Yes, front, and rear mounted. I'll be right back.

Ok so anyone that knows radar, knows that it picks up the biggest object coming down the road, and you will have to get out and move it towards the flow of traffic. I was in a Pacifica, and there was 2 rigs, and a F250 or 350 in my group, and I was going the slowest out of all of them.

Me: Yes sir.

DN 8 minutes later over his PA, and 2 more units behind him: Driver, throw your keys out of the window, do it now.

Me: Huh. , mmmm K

DN: Both hand out of your window, use your left hand to open your door from the outside.

Me: , mmmm k

DN: Step out of the vehicle, and look away from me, follow my voice walking backwards, until I tell you to stop. Do you understand?

BTW I do realize that he is doing a felony stop, and I am following his orders, but I am still confused as to why I am in this situation, but lets do this.

Dn: Drop down on one knee, and then the other crossing your feet, and sit on them with your hands on top of your head.

At this point, I get proned out by DN, and my weapon taken from me (Glock 22C Department Issue), cuffed, double locked, and Terry frisked for any other weapons. I had a Streamlight Micro, a Kershaw tanto cut, and another magazine in my pockets. No biggie, I realize there is something not stroking with me and these guys, so I let them do their job. I didn't question them during the process, but I was going to when they took their fingers off their triggers.

DN advises me that I have a warrant out of GA for failing to register as a sex offender, and weapons charges with nationwide extradition.

Wow, I never realized that I was a sex offender, much less ever been to GA. But lets roll with it.

Me: So you're telling me I have a warrant out of GA, for failing to register as a sex offender, and weapons charges?

DN: Yup, what do you want me to tell your wife?

Me: Yeah, no, I want you to run me again. I want to hear your communications advise you of this.

DN: We cant do that, but I have confirmed it with communications, and they will extradite. The system doesn't lie, if there is a warrant for you, 100% it is for you.

Apparently DN forgot I was LEO I guess, because people enter warrants into MULES, NCIC, Etc, and people make mistakes. Computers don't just do it because they overheard someone talking about it.

Me: Take me to jail, lets get this ball rolling. Will any of your brass be around?

DN: Yeah someone will be there.

Me: Thank you.

I did not say one fucking word on the way, but I was running shit through my head on how to handle this. I was thinking about blowing up on fucktard, but also thinking that I will lose my cool real fast. My wife, and kids followed us to the jail.

We get there, and I start asking for a supervisor. I finally get one after an hour or so of being booked in, printed, and photos taken.

I get Sergeant deedeedeet all the while I am asking WTF is going on, he is looking at me kinda goofy. I finally ask what gives with the duh look, and he says (I shit you not), "You're white." Well gee Sergeant, you just made Detective too huh? He laughs, and said the read back was for a black male, not a white male.

I now realize what has happened. DN, failed to mention I was a white male to communications, and come to find out, he gave the wrong birthday as well.

Me: Get me my gun, and other shit now, along with your Chiefs name, email, and I want out of here in 5 minutes.

DN: Sir I apologize for the co.. Me: How long have you been a cop? Do you know how to run someone? You lied to me about my speeding, and told me the computer was 100% all the time. Fuck you

DN: dude, don't talk to me lik.. Me: Don't call me dude, and get me the fuck out of here, NOW. This was your mistake, now be man the fuck up.

I looked at the Sergeant, as he nodded his head for them to get me out of there.

Wife was crying, as well as all of the kids. They didn't know what the fuck was going on. Well I didn't either.

Chief isn't in this morning as of yet, also trying to get MSHP in reference to my prints that were taken. My Sheriff came and talked with me today, and advised he would be making a phone call as well.

CSB, I know.

ETA

Update 1

Sorry for the delay. Got off the phone with the "Chief" a bit ago, and had to meet with some people.

All I can say at this point is that the "Chief" has to pull reports, and talk to DN to get to the bottom of it. He advised that it is very unlikely that someone could make a mistake of this caliber, but again he will have to pull reports.

The good news is, that he said if what I were saying is true, DN will no longer be part of their Department. I advised him that would be a start.

I will keep this updated.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:20:46 AM EDT
[#1]
In
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:21:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Lawsuit?
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Tag like a mofo.

cop/warrant(felony stop + mistaken identity)=?
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Well...

...at least now you have something solid to tell all the people who scream "thin blue line" every opportune moment?

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:22:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:23:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Holy shit!
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:23:19 AM EDT
[#7]
All i can say is WOW!
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:23:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Now how would I have been treated in the same situation?

Gotten any respect at all or would I have had to get my lawyer involved?

Serious question.  Were you given better treatment when they realized they screwed up because you were a LEO?
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#9]
*facepalm*

Have fun reaming the chief.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:24:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I'M So IN..!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:24:18 AM EDT
[#11]
What "special consideration" would anyone else, who wasn't an LEO, get in this exact same situation?

Why should you get any more?

You already got more than anyone else would have.  You heard the word "sorry" and was out the door in minutes, not hours.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#12]
In.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:24:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:25:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Seems like he was not professional enough to handle a traffic stop, don't let him get his hands on a glock!
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:25:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh, so in...
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:25:33 AM EDT
[#16]
In... wow
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:26:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:26:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Arfcom is going to implode.

Ain't so fun when it is your innocent ass getting gently caressed by the "JBT" is it?

Sorry for your shitty situation but I got to chuckle a little.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow. I don't know what to say, but this is gonna get good.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:26:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Meh.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:27:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Thats messed up!

In for the update.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#22]
OP must be a cop basher.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#23]
DN was having a laugh about the situation as he resumed patrol.

Chief will deny, deflect and cover up.

eta: This isn't just a mistake.  It falls to GROSS INCOMPETENCE.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:27:31 AM EDT
[#25]
had your wife and kids heard what you were being arrested for?

Dayum. I would be pissed!
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:27:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Bitch slap that department.  

We really do need an overhaul of how our law enforcement acts and what their role in our society really is.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:27:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Very interesting.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:28:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Pulls up a chair.

Mind if I join you?
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:28:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Now how would I have been treated in the same situation?

Gotten any respect at all or would I have had to get my lawyer involved?

Serious question.  Were you given better treatment when they realized they screwed up because you were a LEO?

Nope. I threw a fit, and made them look like idiots in front of their other detainees. They were still assholes. No biggie, I will get it handled. I'm also going to request through my PA, a copy of all recordings, and video of all that took place.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:28:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like you handled it as best as anyone could.

Shitty thing for your family to be put through.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:28:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:29:05 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I have reasonable rates

lol

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:29:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Welcome to the new Amerikan police state.

Your status as a police officer probably helped the situation, but should serve as a lesson to all of us that anyone can get caught up in what passes as their "system".

I hope your wife and children don't have lasting psychological damage as a result of the fact that you were illegally kidnapped
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:29:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

What "special consideration" would anyone else, who wasn't an LEO, get in this exact same situation?

Why should you get any more?

You already got more than anyone else would have.  You heard the word "sorry" and was out the door in minutes, not hours.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:29:38 AM EDT
[#37]
All I got is /Joey Lawrence/ WHOA! /Joey Lawrence/

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:29:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Oh yeah, "BS", I want to hear the officers side of the story, we don't have all the details, ect. ect.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#39]

We need to hear the other side of the story...

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:30:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:30:07 AM EDT
[#41]
What an idiot.  Don't let up until he's working as a security guard at the mall.
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#42]
What's DN's screen name?

ETA: Commendations to you for your handling of the stop. Good example of how not to dig yourself in deeper. Now go rip DN and his dept's training staff a new one.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pulls up a chair.

I'll make popcorn
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:30:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Oh man, the cognitive dissonance this thread is going to cause will be on a scale the likes of which we rarely see outside of a laboratory setting.

Will the TBL shatter?  Or will it withstand the violent contortions about to be foisted upon it?  Stay tuned!
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:30:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Welcome to our world.  Now do you understand why many of us do not trust the police?

I hope you sue their fucking asses off.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:30:57 AM EDT
[#46]
These kinds of mistakes, along with no-knock warrants to the wrong house should be punished by job terminations at the minimum and them being sued into oblivion to prevent this from happening again.

Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why do you carry a department issued handgun off-duty and have you notified your command staff yet (reaction)?

I'm trying to figure out what department issues a compensated handgun. (22C)
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:31:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Stolen password, epic karma or ultimate irony?
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:31:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/19/2011 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#50]
In for the Karma
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top