Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2002 4:21:12 AM EDT
Arizona Teen Killed by BB Gun
Wed May 29, 4:19 PM ET

PHOENIX (AP) - A 15-year-old boy died after he was accidentally shot in the eye with a BB gun while playing with a friend, authorities said.

The teen-agers were passing the BB gun back and forth when it discharged Sunday, striking Oscar Granillo in the eye. Granillo's friend was holding the gun when it fired, police said.

The teen-ager died Monday and medical authorities ruled the death an accident. Police said they were investigating, but no charges were immediately filed.

"Most people don't think a BB gun is a big deal," police spokesman Sgt. Mike Goulet said. [b]"But the velocity can be the same as some handguns, and even some rifles."[/b]

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
That is a tragedy.  I wonder how any of us make it through childhood and adolescence.  I have a nice scar on my chin where my friend shot me through a door with a pump BB gun.  It's a good thing he was shorter than me or it might have been my eye.  I guess I was lucky.

No amount of lecturing or safety training can keep all teenagers from harm.  They have to learn some things for themselves.  

Therefore, this will give the CPSC and the anti-gunners more reason to ban BB guns.  If they don't have BB guns they can't hurt themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top