Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2002 11:24:15 PM EDT
If the F.B.I. called and offered you a job tommorow, would you join?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
yup... then I would get myself assigned to the squad that monitors this site...[:d]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
yup... then I would get myself assigned to the squad that monitors this site...[:d]
View Quote

is there room for one more?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Not after I watched "Dillinger" yesterday and witnessed the G-Men methodically wasting people without a trial.

Melvin Purvis
- Judge
- Jury
- Executioner

That said, I'll take the job because I could use the money.

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#4]
lets all join we could stage a coup

[grenade]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:32:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where do I sign up?
View Quote

[url]www.fbi.gov[/url]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I would gladly join, except for the inane beuracracy and the requirement of a college degree.  My infosec skills are top notch, but the fact that I recognized the failure of a college or university to teach me what I needed to know to succeed and didn't finish my degree would keep me out.  That and I probably wouldn't pass the background check because of some people I knew in my youth who were less than upstanding.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I would, but I can't find the place in the constitution that authorizes a federal militarized police force.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would, but I can't find the place in the constitution that authorizes a federal militarized police force.
View Quote

PeterAR,

If I ever meet you , Im buying you a beer!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Will they take a 73 year-old?  I've got lot's of experience in several diverse fields including programming and accounting.  It's probably like the Sky Marshals.  They want only impressionable youngsters that won't question illegal orders.z
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought about it even fairly recently, but long hours, crappy pay and frequent moves that require you to uproot your family every few years just isn't appealing.  Not anymore.

If I was ten years younger and unmarried?  I might think about it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Will they take a 73 year-old?  I've got lot's of experience in several diverse fields including programming and accounting.  It's probably like the Sky Marshals.  They want only impressionable youngsters that won't question illegal orders.z
View Quote

I think the cut-off is 37.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
, but the fact that I recognized the failure of a college or university to teach me what I needed to know to succeed and didn't finish my degree would keep me out..
View Quote

College doesn't teach you what you need to know to succeed. It is just a proving ground to see who can stick it out.

Engineers don't use all those formulas they memorize in college, they look in a book. etc.

But a GED won't get you many jobs nowadays.

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck No!! I don't work for anybody. I'm self employed and I'm pretty hammered right now[:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If the F.B.I. called and offered you a job tommorow, would you join?
View Quote

Yah, I'll join, provided they give me a HK MP5 ;)
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely! I still ain't got me no job and would take it in a heartbeat. I always wanted to work in the X-files section.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#16]
How about Blaze_of_Glory?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, I have a duty to serve my country.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Actually my son is in college earning a degree in criminal justice along with computer science so he CAN become an Agent. And no , they won't give you an MP-5, you'll be issued a CAR-15 flattop with all the goodies or an MP-10 (10mm pistol cartridge). Then if you're good enough for the HRT team, you'll get the SEX GUN, a 1911 ALL TRICKED OUT worth about 3.5k, NVG's , armored  vests ect. and more stuff than you can carry. How about being a bomb tech ? There you'll get a suit that weighs around 90lb. and a bio/ chem bomb suit that weighs 120lb. ... but work fast, you only got 22 min. of air? Anything else you guys want to know?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Kind of thinking about it... if the need to hire 900 new agents causes them to lower their uncorrected vision standards, I'd think about it a lot more seriously.  [:\]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Flashes badge.....

"Excuse me ma'am - name's Agent Strickland - FBI - Poontang Inspection Task Force - can I have a word with you?"
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll tell you who's joining.

The FBI is looking to recruit plenty of Arab's to help them fight the war on terror.

Can you say, "mole"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top