Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2002 7:57:49 PM EDT
[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/30/nyregion/30GAY.html?ex=1023336000&en=94e07b9c948b3cf0&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1[/url]

If the link doesn't work, log in with username anonymouse and password anonymouse.

Some of the gay men and lesbians who were partners of Sept. 11 victims are poised to collect substantial awards from the federal fund set up to compensate bereaved families, according to Kenneth R. Feinberg, special master of the fund, and lawyers familiar with the process.
View Quote

A question not related to the butt-pirate issue: where did the money in this federal fund come from? Are they giving tax money to the families of victims? Why? Shit happens all the time. Boo hoo. How many people die each day in this country? Do they get free sympathy money? If it's money from the donations that poured in after the attack then I have no problem with it being doled out--thats what the people who gave had planned.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
because it makes the politico-banditos seem warm and fuzzy when they give YOUR money to the victims.

**PR**
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Gay or not, they were Americans killed on American soil by foreign attackers.  How they lived their lives they will make peace with their makers.  But lets give them (and their partners are also included) the same honor and respect that we give to all the other Americans killed at the WTC.   Besides what would we do with the extra money?  Make a grant to the HCI?

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey Gay or not, they were Americans killed on American soil by foreign attackers.  How they lived their lives they will make peace with their makers.  But lets give them (and their partners are also included) the same honor and respect that we give to all the other Americans killed at the WTC.   Besides what would we do with the extra money?  Make a grant to the HCI?

View Quote

For the record, a "gay" partner is not the same as a spouse.  If you do that, then you have to include live-in boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. at which point marriage has no meaning.  That doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for them, because I do.  

I thought "our" money was spent to prevent the families of the victims from suing the airlines and potentially bankrupting them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spoken like a true Kalifornian.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#5]
To me, the only difference between being gay and  2-3 guys sharing an apartment, is the sex part.  Or how about a male/female un-married relationship sharing a house.  Wonder if they get similar funds.

Why is the gov paying out these funds?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey Gay or not, they were Americans killed on American soil by foreign attackers.  How they lived their lives they will make peace with their makers.  But lets give them (and their partners are also included) the same honor and respect that we give to all the other Americans killed at the WTC.
View Quote

NO ONE should receive Gov't money for charity.

In 1792, Congress appropriated $15,000 to assist some French refugees.

In response, James Madison (the architect of the Constitution) wrote, [b]"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." [/b]

Gay, straight, married, single, shacking-up boyfriends/girlfriends, estranged-spouses, sisters, brothers, parents, children, live-in mothers-in-law, cousins, step-half-sisters-once-removed, pets, patio furniture... NO ONE deserves millions of dollars of taxpayer-funded charity.

That's what LIFE INSURANCE is for!!

How much money did the families of Oklahoma City bombing get from the Gov't?

How much money did the families of the Reno/Waco barbeque get from the Gov't?

How much money did the families of the Unibomber get from the Gov't?

How much money do the families of the ANY crime in America get from the Gov't?

Look, everyone knows the WTC "Victims Relief Fund" was NOT about helping the needy - it was a payoff to prevent thousands of people from suing the airlines industry.

Quoted:
Besides what would we do with the extra money?
View Quote

It's NOT the Government's money!

Give it back to the taxpayers from whom it was confiscated.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#7]
The only good one is a dead one!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, welcome to the forum newbie. [beer]

Now what the hell are you talking about? [%|]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't understand that quote. You mean Gays?
Sorry, I know to many of them to feel that way. I don't have a problem with the whole domestic partner issue. My opinion is, let 'em marry, alot of issues will go away and western civilization won't fall-down-go-boom. I DO have a problem with giving money to these victims when people die as a result of criminal action such as the WTC attack.

Suppose this. Your wife/husband/(insert other) dies by a criminal action. What does it matter  if it was a) the WTC or b) back alley mugging? They're still dead. Why is one group of survivors any more deserving?

-legrue
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#10]
>spiketeama
>The only good one is a dead one!!!!!  
-------------------------------------------
Do you mean the only good GAY is a dead GAY ?

I have heard of people like you but have never meant one for real.
I think being GAY is the strangest thing next to goatfucking I have every heard of.

But to want someone dead because he fucks someone else you think they shouldn't be fucking is just wrong .

If you were hurt by a GAY guy be mad at him.
If you hate a person for banging another guy in the ass for no reason.You may want to take a deep look at yourself and try to figure out why you feel so strongly about some other guy getting banged by his buddy pal in the pooper

JOKE-What did one gay guy say to the other [sex]

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]WELL,[/b]my kitty was smushed to death by the first piece of fallen debrei' from that whole WTC "fiasco".I WANT COMPENSATION..... DAMIT![whacko]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top