Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/11/2011 7:48:39 PM EDT

Note that it is missing it's right front leg.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/07/12/246641_ntnews.html
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Amazing what photo-shop can do.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yup

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
What's a good round for an eighteen foot croc?
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a good round for an eighteen foot croc?

Troy Landry says "Choot It!!" with a .22, maybe a 22 mag for a really big one.

Choot it in da hedd!
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Aren't you glad we don't have the prehistoric ones that were 9 foot high at the shoulder.

I heard there are some salties in Austalia getting close to 22 ft again.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup  

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/monster-croc-brutus-thrills-northrn-territory-tourists/story-e6frg6nf-1226093088039

Another newspaper same story.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I a photoshop. I can tell by some of the pixels and the fact that I've seen a few shops in my day.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#11]
No shadow

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Get that alligator a toofbrush!
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's a 5m croc - eating a bullshark...
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Speaking of Crocs. I was watching the Dangerous Fish guy on animal planet and the Africans are starving because they cant get in the water to catch the fish due to crocs attacking them. Troy Landry and the boys should take a trip over there and show them how to fish crocs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's a hippo eating a croc!!!!!1!1!!!

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 4:10:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Supposedly this is the biggest croc ever found, at 8.6m (28ft).  Shot by a hunter in Queensland, Australia in 1957.

Here's a life-size monument made for it in the same town:

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 4:14:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Speaking of Crocs. I was watching the Dangerous Fish guy on animal planet and the Africans are starving because they cant get in the water to catch the fish due to crocs attacking them. Troy Landry and the boys should take a trip over there and show them how to fish crocs.

No shit!

EAT THE CROCS, THEN! JESUS! HOW HARD IS THAT TO FIGURE OUT? If you can poach an elephant, you can kill a croc.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Supposedly this is the biggest croc ever found, at 8.6m (28ft).  Shot by a hunter in Queensland, Australia in 1957.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/richardandlisa/images/8bloodybigoldcrocsmall.jpg

Here's a life-size monument made for it in the same town:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TuM_VZdADv0/TINabDF4AfI/AAAAAAAAASc/FL97fZmbOBs/s1600/SN858797.JPG

holy crap.... did know they had 10mm in 57...
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

No shadow

Shadow is between the croc and the boat.  Small shadow since its up north of Aus and the sun gets pretty damn high.  Looks to be around 12ish in winter.

Not a chop.  Seen some in zoos that are about the same size.

I don't fuck around with crocs.  They scare the shit out of me

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No shadow

Sun is to the left, shadow is to the right on the boat.

Sunlight, how does it work?
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 4:39:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 4:45:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit!

EAT THE CROCS, THEN! JESUS! HOW HARD IS THAT TO FIGURE OUT? If you can poach an elephant, you can kill a croc.

No! It's natural selection at work from Mother Nature. Let her do her thing. Survival of the fittest.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 5:14:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Crikey!
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 5:21:51 AM EDT
[#28]

What a dumb ass.  He deserved what he got.  Both times.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Probably from the same strain as this giant squirrel––

http://i51.tinypic.com/16rn8i.jpg

likely the same place that these come from

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#30]
That's one big possum
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#31]
its shopped

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Possibly, but Nile Crocodiles can get to be HUGE.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 6:01:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Why bother? The original is still fucking impressive.

Guess it wasn't enough for the Aussies.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shadow

Shadow is between the croc and the boat.  Small shadow since its up north of Aus and the sun gets pretty damn high.  Looks to be around 12ish in winter.

Not a chop.  Seen some in zoos that are about the same size.

I don't fuck around with crocs.  They scare the shit out of me

Saw a croc on Green Island when I was on my honeymoon - Cassius, measured at over 5.5m long (18.5ft), over 100 years old, reputedly a man eater, largest croc captured alive in Australia.

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Why bother? The original is still fucking impressive.

Guess it wasn't enough for the Aussies.

That's what I was thinking.

The gator in the real pic is F'in huge. Why lie about it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#39]

That's like walking around with a 12" penis telling everyone you have a 14" penis.

Why?
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

me too.

Ditto.....Irwin was a good dude.

Link Posted: 7/15/2011 4:49:59 AM EDT
[#41]
The crocodile can jump and it now associates river boats full of tourists with food...

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Crikey! Huge crocodile captured in Philippines

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — What a croc!

Its mighty snout wrapped tightly with ropes, a one-ton, 20-foot saltwater crocodile was captured and put on display in a town in the southern Philippines — one of the biggest such reptiles to be caught in recent years.

But shed no crocodile tears for this colossal captive.

"Lolong," as it has been nicknamed, is about to become the star attraction of an ecotourism park — unless it is upstaged by an even larger reptile that may be still be on the loose.

Residents of Bunawan township celebrated when they captured the croc, with about 100 people pulling the feared beast from a creek by rope, then hoisting it by crane onto a truck. While the beast was safely tied up, they examined its teeth, claws and stubby legs with fascination.

Their party may have been premature, however.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://i.imgur.com/yKXBo.jpg
A photo taken on on September 3 shows a wildlife hunter subdueing a giant 6.4-metre (21-foot), 1,075-kilogramme (2,370-pound) saltwater crocodile in the town of Bunawan, on the southern Philippine island of Mindanao. The monster crocodile, believed to be the biggest ever captured, was trapped after a spate of fatal attacks

http://i.imgur.com/1Daog.jpg
in this photo taken Sunday, Sept. 4, 2011, Mayor Cox Elorde of Bunawan township, Agusan del Sur Province, pretends to measure a huge crocodile which was captured by residents and crocodile farm staff along a creek in Bunawan late Saturday in southern Philippines. Elorde said Monday that dozens of villagers and experts ensnared the 21-foot (6.4-meter) male crocodile along a creek in his township after a three-week hunt. It was one of the largest crocodiles to be captured alive in the Philippines in recent years. (AP Photo)

http://i.imgur.com/HG89z.jpg
Residents look at a 21-feet (6.4 metres) saltwater crocodile, which is suspected of having attacked several people, after it was caught in Nueva Era in Bunawan town, Agusan del Sur, southern Philippines September 4, 2011. The crocodile captured on Sunday evening weighs 600 kg and is the largest crocodile caught in the country to date, according to the Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center. Picture taken September 4, 2011. REUTERS/Stringer (PHILIPPINES - Tags: ANIMALS SOCIETY)

http://i.imgur.com/2u6ob.jpg
In this photo taken Sunday, Sept. 4, 2011, a Philippine National Police officer stands next a giant saltwater crocodile which was captured by residents and crocodile farm staff along a creek in Bunawan township, Agusan Del Sur province in southern Philippines late Saturday. Mayor Cox Elorde of Bunawan said that dozens of villagers and experts ensnared the 21-foot (6.4-meter) male crocodile along a creek in his township after a three-week hunt. It was one of the largest crocodiles to be captured alive in the Philippines in recent years. (AP Photo)

After the 20-foot (6.1-meter) reptile was caught over the weekend, authorities said Tuesday an even bigger crocodile may still be lurking in creeks of the remote region in Agusan del Sur province.

The scaly skinned Lolong — which tips the scales at 2,370 pounds (1,075 kilograms) — is estimated to be at least 50 years old. Wildlife officials were trying to confirm whether it was the largest such catch in the world, said Theresa Mundita Lim of the government's Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau.

It was captured alive after a three-week hunt, easing some fears among the locals. A child was killed two years ago in the township by a crocodile, and a croc is suspected of killing a fisherman who has been missing since July. Last month, residents saw a crocodile killing a water buffalo.

The party thrown after Lolong's capture "was like a feast, so many villagers turned up," said Mayor Edwin Cox Elorde.

Wildlife official Ronnie Sumiller, who has hunted "nuisance crocodiles" for 20 years and led the team that captured Lolong, said another search was under way for the possibly larger croc that he and residents have seen in the town's marshy outskirts.

"There is a bigger one, and it could be the one creating problems," Sumiller told The Associated Press by telephone from Bunawan, about 515 miles (830 kilometers) southeast of Manila.

"The villagers were saying 10 percent of their fear was gone because of the first capture," Sumiller said. "But there is still the other 90 percent to take care of."

Backed by five village hunters he trained, Sumiller has set 20 steel cable traps with an animal carcass as bait in nearby vast marshland and along the creek where Lolong was caught.

Sumiller said he found no human remains when he induced the captured crocodile to vomit.

Residents of the farming town of about 37,000 people have been told to avoid venturing into marshy areas alone at night, Elorde said.

Guinness World Records lists a saltwater crocodile caught in Australia as the largest crocodile in captivity, measuring 17 feet 11.75 inches (5.48 meters). Saltwater crocodiles can live for more than 100 years and grow to 23 feet (7 meters).

A website for a park called Action Adventure in North Myrtle Beach, S.C., says it is home to Utan, "King of the Crocs," which it bills as the largest crocodile in the United States, measuring more than 20 feet. Park officials did not immediately respond to telephone calls or email requests for information about their crocodile.

Elorde said he plans to make Lolong "the biggest star" in a planned ecotourism park.

Philippine laws strictly prohibit civilians from killing endangered crocodiles, with violators facing up to 12 years in prison and a fine of 1 million pesos ($24,000).

The world's most endangered freshwater variety, crocodylus mindorensis, is found only in the Philippines, where only about 250 are known to be in the wild.

About 1,000 of the larger saltwater type, or crocodylus porosus, like the one captured in Bunawan, are scattered mostly in the country's southern swamplands, wildlife official Glen Rebong said.

Environment Secretary Ramon Paje said the enormous crocodile was captured because it was a threat to the community. He added the reptiles remind that the Philippines' remaining rich habitats need to be constantly protected.

Crocodiles have been hunted in the Philippines by poachers hoping to cash in on the high demand in wealthy Asian countries for their hide, which is coveted for products ranging from bags and shoes to cellphone cases.

source
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 6:31:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Crikey! Huge crocodile captured in Philippines

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — What a croc!

Its mighty snout wrapped tightly with ropes, a one-ton, 20-foot saltwater crocodile was captured and put on display in a town in the southern Philippines — one of the biggest such reptiles to be caught in recent years.

But shed no crocodile tears for this colossal captive.

"Lolong," as it has been nicknamed, is about to become the star attraction of an ecotourism park — unless it is upstaged by an even larger reptile that may be still be on the loose.

Residents of Bunawan township celebrated when they captured the croc, with about 100 people pulling the feared beast from a creek by rope, then hoisting it by crane onto a truck. While the beast was safely tied up, they examined its teeth, claws and stubby legs with fascination.

Their party may have been premature, however.

http://i.imgur.com/yKXBo.jpg
A photo taken on on September 3 shows a wildlife hunter subdueing a giant 6.4-metre (21-foot), 1,075-kilogramme (2,370-pound) saltwater crocodile in the town of Bunawan, on the southern Philippine island of Mindanao. The monster crocodile, believed to be the biggest ever captured, was trapped after a spate of fatal attacks

http://i.imgur.com/1Daog.jpg
in this photo taken Sunday, Sept. 4, 2011, Mayor Cox Elorde of Bunawan township, Agusan del Sur Province, pretends to measure a huge crocodile which was captured by residents and crocodile farm staff along a creek in Bunawan late Saturday in southern Philippines. Elorde said Monday that dozens of villagers and experts ensnared the 21-foot (6.4-meter) male crocodile along a creek in his township after a three-week hunt. It was one of the largest crocodiles to be captured alive in the Philippines in recent years. (AP Photo)

http://i.imgur.com/HG89z.jpg
Residents look at a 21-feet (6.4 metres) saltwater crocodile, which is suspected of having attacked several people, after it was caught in Nueva Era in Bunawan town, Agusan del Sur, southern Philippines September 4, 2011. The crocodile captured on Sunday evening weighs 600 kg and is the largest crocodile caught in the country to date, according to the Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center. Picture taken September 4, 2011. REUTERS/Stringer (PHILIPPINES - Tags: ANIMALS SOCIETY)

http://i.imgur.com/2u6ob.jpg
In this photo taken Sunday, Sept. 4, 2011, a Philippine National Police officer stands next a giant saltwater crocodile which was captured by residents and crocodile farm staff along a creek in Bunawan township, Agusan Del Sur province in southern Philippines late Saturday. Mayor Cox Elorde of Bunawan said that dozens of villagers and experts ensnared the 21-foot (6.4-meter) male crocodile along a creek in his township after a three-week hunt. It was one of the largest crocodiles to be captured alive in the Philippines in recent years. (AP Photo)

After the 20-foot (6.1-meter) reptile was caught over the weekend, authorities said Tuesday an even bigger crocodile may still be lurking in creeks of the remote region in Agusan del Sur province.

The scaly skinned Lolong — which tips the scales at 2,370 pounds (1,075 kilograms) — is estimated to be at least 50 years old. Wildlife officials were trying to confirm whether it was the largest such catch in the world, said Theresa Mundita Lim of the government's Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau.

It was captured alive after a three-week hunt, easing some fears among the locals. A child was killed two years ago in the township by a crocodile, and a croc is suspected of killing a fisherman who has been missing since July. Last month, residents saw a crocodile killing a water buffalo.

The party thrown after Lolong's capture "was like a feast, so many villagers turned up," said Mayor Edwin Cox Elorde.

Wildlife official Ronnie Sumiller, who has hunted "nuisance crocodiles" for 20 years and led the team that captured Lolong, said another search was under way for the possibly larger croc that he and residents have seen in the town's marshy outskirts.

"There is a bigger one, and it could be the one creating problems," Sumiller told The Associated Press by telephone from Bunawan, about 515 miles (830 kilometers) southeast of Manila.

"The villagers were saying 10 percent of their fear was gone because of the first capture," Sumiller said. "But there is still the other 90 percent to take care of."

Backed by five village hunters he trained, Sumiller has set 20 steel cable traps with an animal carcass as bait in nearby vast marshland and along the creek where Lolong was caught.

Sumiller said he found no human remains when he induced the captured crocodile to vomit.

Residents of the farming town of about 37,000 people have been told to avoid venturing into marshy areas alone at night, Elorde said.

Guinness World Records lists a saltwater crocodile caught in Australia as the largest crocodile in captivity, measuring 17 feet 11.75 inches (5.48 meters). Saltwater crocodiles can live for more than 100 years and grow to 23 feet (7 meters).

A website for a park called Action Adventure in North Myrtle Beach, S.C., says it is home to Utan, "King of the Crocs," which it bills as the largest crocodile in the United States, measuring more than 20 feet. Park officials did not immediately respond to telephone calls or email requests for information about their crocodile.

Elorde said he plans to make Lolong "the biggest star" in a planned ecotourism park.

Philippine laws strictly prohibit civilians from killing endangered crocodiles, with violators facing up to 12 years in prison and a fine of 1 million pesos ($24,000).

The world's most endangered freshwater variety, crocodylus mindorensis, is found only in the Philippines, where only about 250 are known to be in the wild.

About 1,000 of the larger saltwater type, or crocodylus porosus, like the one captured in Bunawan, are scattered mostly in the country's southern swamplands, wildlife official Glen Rebong said.

Environment Secretary Ramon Paje said the enormous crocodile was captured because it was a threat to the community. He added the reptiles remind that the Philippines' remaining rich habitats need to be constantly protected.

Crocodiles have been hunted in the Philippines by poachers hoping to cash in on the high demand in wealthy Asian countries for their hide, which is coveted for products ranging from bags and shoes to cellphone cases.

source

Good pics - and that last pic; the Philipino cop looks like he's  filming the next Magpul video "The Art of the Tactical Carbine - Anti Big Ass Crocodile Drills, Pt. 1"
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, looky at the Magpul kit on the rifle in the last pic!

Kinda surprising considering where those shots we taken.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Punkrokk Obama, el-half-ant, and birdog are amazed.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup  

It's not a photoshop, and that is a famous Croc that lives in Australia.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Probably Airsoft....

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My GF is from the RP, some of her relatives have amazing firearms collections.  They seem to be fond of the AR platform.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup  

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/monster-croc-brutus-thrills-northrn-territory-tourists/story-e6frg6nf-1226093088039

Another newspaper same story.

End of the article talks about how the croc lost his leg in a fight with a shark––––––"Must of been a hell of a big shark.".

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I have heard that vampires do not cast shadows.  Perhaps it is a vampire crocodile?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top