Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2002 5:41:39 AM EDT
I don't very much about him but he seems like an alright guy. what is doing that you like/don't like?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#1]
GOOD

Pro 2nd

Anti BS
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Fair. He pushed for the damn light rail boondogle. He won't be re-elected if he decides to run again. Unfortunately, that means someone REALLY crappy will get in, like a green nazi or something.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey iNuhBaD - you live in the Northside or something, near Robbinsdale? Dats a BadNayburhood.

Where the hell are the damn Libertarian candidates around here?

Last mayoral election here in Minneapolis, we had a choice between TWO DFLers (Democratic Farm Labor, our own little bolshiveks). What a joke. I voted for "none of the above".
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Jackalope,are you interested in seein some tat work that I have?I remember from an earlyer post that's what you do.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:59:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I had no idea he didn't push for CCW - I knew it was in his campaign platform.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had no idea he didn't push for CCW - I knew it was in his campaign platform.
View Quote

Sure was....

He got his permit and said to hell with the rest of us.

The guy is a pure, #1, class A jack-ass
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I kinda liked him in The Running Man. "Are you ready for pain, are you ready for suffering ?, then you're ready for Captain Freedom's workout."
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Predator [1987]

Blain: "Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff will make you a god damnned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me!"
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#11]
He's an idiot!
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm going to Minneapolis after the BRC.  Anyone want to meet me at Armored Fire for a little full-auto fun the afternoon of the 5th?
View Quote

I'd make it, but I have to be to work at 3:00
If you plan on getting there earlier I can show tho.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Neither. He's just an idiot. I work in Duluth MN and we recently had a problem where foreign vessels were docking and doing their business, and while they were here they would have older women go into town and solicit young girls (16-17 yr olds) to come on the ships and sleep with crewmembers for money. Jesse's response was "well they just outta legalize prostitution". Now I ask you, is that a solution to the problem we were having? Would you like your teenage daughter selling herself to scum? The mayor of Duluth Gary Doty chewed him a new asshole.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#17]
While i was still living in CA it seemed Mr. Ventura was a straight-shooting non-politico.  Since moving back I realize he's a F*#@ing moron.  He has been caught lying to the public many times.  He's too brain dead to remember what he told the media six months before.  Actually responded to a reporter's question "Awk!" (spelling correct)(his brain froze as he thinking)...An idiot politician and an embarassment to the state of Minnesota.

Lightfighter...out! [>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:11:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesVentura/ventura_boa.jpg[/img]

tbs
View Quote

Do I really need to say more?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:19:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Navy-Seals do like pink!

He did his stint ,served his country went on to Pro wrestling.   Just wants to make the bucks now like a side show exhib.  Just another actor.

Was lots of fun untill he took hemself serious.

We  Don't   Bob   [:D]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:42:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Jesse is a complete idiot.  He was a strong advocate of CCW until he got elected & got his.  Then he totally forgot about it.  He couldn't even get his CCW when he was a mayor, Brooklyn Park, I think.

His candidacy was all about feeding his ego & making a lot of money for him.  He helped a previous candidate run as an independent & the other candidate got no publicity unless Jesse was with him on the campaign trail.  One of the handlers got the idea that Jesse himself should run & the rest is history, as Jesse will be after the next election.

He only won because of the throw-away vote of the Univ. of MN students & disaffected rural voters.  His Democratic opponent, Skip Humphrey, is a  tax & spend ultraliberal in the grand Minnesota tradition & his Republican opponent, Norm Coleman, is a transplanted new Yorker who recently changed his affiliation from Democratic to Republican.

Jesse only looks attractive to non-Minnesotans because he is a great sideshow.  He only looks like a straight shooter because he is too stupid to be diplomatic.  He has given me a whole new appreciation for professional politicians.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top