Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2002 9:40:10 PM EDT
How many here are drawing unemployment insurance benefits, ya know, money?

Since things are slow right now I thought I'd check into it today. Its all done by phone now in Washington State. No more waiting around for your name to be called while sitting on a hard chair in some hot overpopulated room.[i've only done it once before]

Turns out i'm gettin a little over 4 hun a week. This is cool cause I don't have an expensive lifestyle. Thank God for that. I heard the max in Wa. is 510 a week. Not bad for fill in wages.

Whats it like for you guys?

I inquired about direct deposit, they don't do it.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Rainman,

The wife is collecting...
Was laid off a little after 9/11.  Your right its all over the phone now..
Its not bad at all.
her severance package ended in april. and started collectomng right after.. turns out it was preset by her employer.. she didnt even know untill the first check came in.. not to bad at all.......
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine ran out along time ago. I worked at the same place for 11 years and got zero severance when I was let go.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Imbroglio--didn't they offer some type of training/placement program? Eleven years is a long time to end up getting stiffed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I worked in the oil industry for 21 years,10 in Houston and then got transferred to Oklahoma, and had to use some of my accumulated long term dissability.(shoulder operation) While off the oil industry po-po-ed and got worse even though our sales were mainly overseas. The company decided to get rid of the old timers drawing max pay and benifits and hire new workers at a cheaper rate.[thinking] I got off dissability and they told me thanks for the service but they were doing away with my job[lie]. I was apparently the tip of the iceberg. They got rid of guys that had only several years left till retirement[48 years service!!!]. They had problems from the git go with their Einstein theory. They lost untold experience and paid very dearly for it.They are still having problems.This happened in 1990![bounce]hahahahaha.[:D] Bitter?? naw..Hope they go down the drain.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Imbroglio--didn't they offer some type of training/placement program? Eleven years is a long time to end up getting stiffed.
View Quote

Nope, no training/placement. The company went under. I was only offered a nice letter of recommendation to send with my resume to prospective employers.

Game over.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I understand. I would have gone into a deep depression too and withdrawn from society. [:(]

But hey boobie, I want you to look in the mirror and say " I'm Imbroglio and I'm OK". Do that for me and if you don't have a mirror get an uncrinkled piece if tinfoil to look into.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Well Unemployment is insurance that you did work for. When you did work a portion of your company paid salary went to the state in the form of unemployment insurance. They paid this to guarantee you would continue to work. If you no longer work for them then you must collect upon that guarantee.  It's not welfare like you are thinking.

Was at local HyVee the other day and some fat/ugly tattoed and body pierced bith was buying her food with food stamps.  I so bad wanted to ask her how come she could afford body piercings and tatoos but I had to pay for her fat ass to eat so much. I as a std. sheeple said nothing but followed her out as she waddled into a car much newer and higher in status than mine.  I think that if your food and housing is subsidized and your only expense is new car and tatoos and body piercings that would not be too hard to budget for.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Gateway computers has laid off around 1200 people here locally. Yea they had a good run and paid thier people well based upon thier company's profits not upon the market value of thier employees. Now these people are in the market and having to accept the fact they were over paid for what thier skill level justified.  Not every high paid person can step right back in where they were when a job ends.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Question: Can one collect unemployment if one quits (not laid off)?

What are the "rules" for collecting unemployment (simple english)?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Guzzler:

[url]http://www.de.state.az.us/links/esa/faq.html[/url]

Your answer is in the middle of the page.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top