Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 5:32:00 PM EDT
Should we really be making such a big deal about Chandra Levy?

Just another young slut screwing a married congressman, trying to break up a marriage.
Her parents should hide in shame for raising such a floozie.

Granted, the story is more popular because a congressman is involved. And I know the media loves this kind of crap but who really cares about her except her parents and friends, family?

Now, I'm not saying she deserved to die. Not all women of low or no morals deserve death. And they've been saying a lot of nasty things about Condit, and thats ok with me cause I think the guys a snake, but Chandra isn't any better. She was certainly no roll model.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Basically I agree.

If this case was being used to heighten awareness of missing people in general I would feel differently.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
What! What an outrageous calumny from such an unsympathetic person. Have you no sense of decency, sir? Don't you realize that this is one of the great stories of our time, and certainly deserves to be up there with other major news stories of the day, like a potential nuclear war between India & Pakistan.

Excuse me while I attempt to recover from your heartless remarks. [>Q]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck Her!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Amen brother,

Pakistan and India are about to nuke each other, The Israelis and Palestinians are killing each other, We're fighting a war in Afghanistan, we're waiting for the next bomb to drop in the US and all I hear on the news 24/7 is this Shandra bullshit..Here death was sad but who gives a shit about a 2 hour diatribe about her life? Certainly not I......

Edited because I can't type and drink Fosters simultaneously ..[:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gary Condit:
Fuck Her!
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuck Her!
View Quote

Uh, uh, I believe this has already been done !
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fuck Her!
View Quote

stop beating around the bush, how do you really feel about this subject. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
[;)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad it was not your daughter...I am sure you would feel differently.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#14]
To bad the "Married" guy did not get the "death sentence".

Oh he could not help that this young girl trick him into having sex.

I am sure it was his first time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#15]
What a bunch of hard asses..   She was a kid...  Maybe we shoulda had her dad stone her to death...
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Piss poor thread rainman. [v]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#17]
There was another young female intern working for a rep that also disappeared under suspicious circumstances a more than a year before Levy did. Never got national media attention until after Chandra vanished. The difference was that the girl was asian.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm personaly getting sick of hearing about Israel along with this Chandra Levy shit, a guy can't watch tv anymore without being interupted by bullshit no one gives two shits about.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Rainman, I find your choice of words interesting.  Chandra wasn't married, but she shouldn't have been f**king Mr Condit.  Our congressional friend is married and old enough to know better.  Chandra was young, foolish and made some bad decisions.  I don't know about you, but I've banged some people I shouldn't have.  I fail to see why Gary Condit should get away with murder cause Chandra's hormones got the better of her...
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#20]
sk8--you think Condit is gonna get arrested for murder?

How "young" was Chandra? She appears to be a full grown woman.

Shes was conducting an affair with a married man. She new what she was doing. No moral character. Slut. Condit ain't any better.

Thought I explained it all in my original topic.

I know people cared about her and its sad for them that she is dead. But is she popular cause shes dead, or cause she had no moral character [screwing a married man] Why is the press trying to convince us that we should care?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How "young" was Chandra? She appears to be a full grown woman.

View Quote

IIRC she was 24 at the time of her disappearance. She was going back home to get a Masters Degree and was hardly a naive college girl.

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey folks, lighten up a little.  What happen if Chandra was our sister, wife, girl friend? It would be absolute disaster. The news media has got to share some of the blame for letting the murderer get away. The media kept on focusing on the relationship between Chandra & Gary Condit, diverting police attention away from the real murderer.

Chandra probably wanted to take a last jog in D.C. one more time before she had to go home for good. Unfortunately she was wearing her Walkman and she didn't see/notice the attacker until it was too late.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 2:13:36 AM EDT
[#23]
You don't like it, change the damm channel.  I do everytime that fag John Basedow shows up on my tube.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#24]
This is one of those threads where I agree with almost everyone.  Yes, Chandra did a really stupid and immoral thing. On the other hand, so have countless scores of others.  On the other hand, if everyone who had committed that stupid and immoral thing ended up dead, we'd have a much smaller population in this country.  

Yes, this case has gotten excessive publicity. Hopefully, it'll slow down public figures who have made a habit of using their status to get those they're not married to into bed.

Yes, the parents have used their money and status to keep this case publicised. On the other hand, they have to live with the guilt of having raised a daughter with the morals of an alley cat, and they have to realise how badly they failed.  I don't care how much they spend, they are going to live and die with that guilt.

In my mind, this whole episode, from the events that occured to the media coverage, is a sad commentary on where this society stands.

On the other hand, Europe is so much worse. [:d]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:31:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top