Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 4:47:40 PM EDT
There is a LA gunman holed up in Television City, KA.  SWAT has him cornered and I'm trying to find a damm link!  So far no reports of shots fired.

They can't burn the place down because he's inside a TV studio.  Lord know's the fury if a LA TV studio got BBQ'd.

I see the HCI people are going off as programmed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
sorry don't beleive this. We all know guns are strictly controled in Kali and could never fall into criminal hands there.
View Quote

Well if they just tease him into shooting his [B]10 rounds[/B] they could just rush him.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]
They should ask for his registration papers, and when he can't produce them, arrest him.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You folks have it ALL wrong.  We all know that if he has a gun, he stands a greater chance of having it taken away by an assailant and used against him.  All we need to due is to send in a mugger or a rapist to smoke him out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
sorry don't beleive this. We all know guns are strictly controled in Kali and could never fall into criminal hands there.
View Quote

Well if they just tease him into shooting his [B]10 rounds[/B] they could just rush him.
View Quote

he he he...guess the Hollywood Bank robbers couldn't count.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
On Yahoo they said it misfired and when he tried to fix it a piece fell of the gun.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020529/tv_nm/crime__update_1__1&printer=1
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
On Yahoo they said it misfired and when he tried to fix it a piece fell of the gun.
View Quote

Glad to see the new safety standards are working [BD]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Officers requested non-lethal weapons as their attempts to capture the suspect continued.
View Quote

watch this...

[url=www.stickdeath.com/lethal.htm]Non-Lethal training Video[/url]

LAPD at work [:d]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh no, THIS one:[url]http://www.stickdeath.com/qcam.html [/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:54:32 AM EDT
[#12]
A man who was in the building's lobby when the gunman entered told KABC-TV that the suspect aimed his weapon at a mail supervisor and tried to fire twice, only to have the weapon apparently misfire.
View Quote

If only he had a KA DOJ certified handgun.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 2:16:46 AM EDT
[#13]
UPDATE 2-Gunman shoots self in CBS-TV stand-off
Wed May 29, 2:25 AM ET

(updates with gunman shooting self and standoff ending)

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A gunman shot himself in the chest and was rushed to hospital in critical condition to end a 4 1/2 hour standoff with police at the CBS Television Center in Los Angeles Tuesday.

The man, described by authorities as a despondent 31-year-old, drove his brown pickup truck through a barrier at the sprawling media complex. He then accosted a mail room employee, declaring "I want to tell my story."

The employee, Chris Smith, said the man aimed his weapon at him and tried to fire twice, only to have the weapon apparently misfire.

"I looked again and he was on the ground and reloading and something fell out of the gun," Smith told television reporters. "That's when I realized that this was not a joke."

Police were called immediately to the scene and began evacuating hundreds of people from the premises.

The gunman, whose identity was not released by police, retreated to a cordoned off area in the basement where he kept his gun pointed at his own head, officials said. After several hours of fruitless negotiations for him to give up, the man shot himself in the chest and was was rushed to a local hospital in critical condition.

CBS is a unit of Viacom Inc.

Reuters/Variety

------------

So the gun really does work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top