Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 4:42:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't looked at the CA laws for a while, but from memory, I believe your estate has 90 days to dispose of the weapons.  They can be sold out of state.  CA can prevent it's subjects from acquiring SUR's out of state, but it can't stop you from having or selling one out of state.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:34:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I haven't looked at the CA laws for a while, but from memory, I believe your estate has 90 days to dispose of the weapons.  They can be sold out of state.  CA can prevent it's subjects from acquiring SUR's out of state, but it can't stop you from having or selling one out of state.
View Quote

That is correct. You have 2 options when you die. Sell them out of state or give them up to the State of CA.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:35:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm, I wonder what would happen in the Probate Court if it was determined that these weapons were 'unregistered' SURs?

That might be a good time for the Executor or Administrator to become very circumspect in how he lists the weapons on the Inventory of Assets and Liabilities of the Estate!

If they're not registered, I would suggest tossing them in the back of the car, driving [u]very carefully[/u] to Nevada and putting them in storage.

But that's just me! [:D]

Eric The(WeaselyAtty)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top