Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 1:56:29 AM EDT
The wife actually asked me to take her out shooting yesterday so she could practice with her handgun. I figured it was a good opportunity to break a couple of veterans out of the safe and took my 1943 Union Switch & Signal M1911A1 and 1943 Inland M1 Carbine out for a little shooting enjoyment. Nothing quite like handling a piece of history and wondering what stories it could tell.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 2:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Just had to be the first one to tell you that these weren't colts.  Both good guns but as your sig line says,ect

Glad you had a good shoot.      bob  [:D]

Edited to say if these are indeed colts then please forgive my ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:08:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a 4 day weekend. Went to the range all 4 days! Shot the 45/70 Trapdoor Springfield with blackpowder and an M1. Yes, the blackpowder is a bitch to clean. I put 70 rounds through that trapdoor, and my wife noticed a bruise on my shoulder!
Monday was .22 day with the wife. Shot every .22 in the collection. 10/22 T, MarkI pistol, Savage bolt gun, and stinger pen gun.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:31:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Took my :

Rifles:

Pre WW1 Springfield 1903
1942 SA Garand
1943 Inland M1 Carbine
Pre 1964 Winchester Model 70
Preban SA M1A
Postban Colt Target MatchHBAR
Ruger 10/22

Pistols:

1991A1 Colt .45 (stainless)
Ruger Vaquero .44 mag
S&W 686 .357
Beretta 92F 9mm

Did not bring everythng I own;just a smattering of history that I got to share with my wife and daughter on Memorial Day.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:34:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't go to the range, as I am recovering from surgery.  I did assemble a new Bushmaster lower and lower parts kit though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top