Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 12:10:01 AM EDT
32 inch BFG All Terrains.  Man they look kick ass.  Nice tires really make a big difference in the look of your truck.  Anybody else out there big fans of these tires?  I think they definitely make your vehicle look cool and they last a long time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 12:59:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm on my second set of 265/75R16 BFG A/Ts on my 94 K2500 Suburban. I like them because they perform reasonably well in a wide variety of conditions and they last long for an offroad type of tire.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 1:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
As I know nothing about truck tires, I though you had installed 32 inch [b]B[/b]ig [b]F[/b]*ucking [b]G[/b]uns to your Bronco.  I was thinking twin 50 BMGs.  Now that would be cool.  [:D]

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 2:00:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Absolute best all-around tires I've ever owned. I'll only buy 3 kinds of tires now - BFG ATs for general use, BFG MTs for general use with more mud, and Super Swampers for lots of mud. The MTs work almost as well as the Swampers, and are quiet enough that a drive From VA Beach to Ft Stewart, then on to Ft Sill didn't bother me. I have over 60K on my front tires now (31" ATs) and will probably get another 10K out of them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Are these the "KO" thread?  I'm about ready to replace the Goodyears and have been looking at the BFGs.

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#5]
excuse me........., but, don't you have to "jack up" the body to install those tires ?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 245/75R16 on my 2000 Grand Cherokee. 2nd set I have had on one of my vehicles. Awesome tires. I usually get close to 70,000 miles out of them easy. You pay a little more for them but you get twice as much tire for sure.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:22:18 AM EDT
[#7]
31 inch BFG AT's came stock on my Sonoma ZR2. They have performed flawlessly. I'll never buy those Wild Country things. Everytime I've been out with a group off road someone in the group puts a hole in the sidewall.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#8]
They are the 32x11.50's I presume?  What year is your Bronco, did you use stock rims and do you have any pictures?  I want to put them on my F-150 when I need new tires.  

Quoted:
excuse me........., but, don't you have to "jack up" the body to install those tires ?
View Quote

On 88-97 Full size, 4x4, Ford trucks you can run 32x11.50's stock.  Some trucks with sagging bushings and suspension may rub on the front bumper, but that can be solved by shimming the front bumper a bit.  I have seen a few guys run 33x12.50's on their truck and just shim out the stock front bumper 2", or put an aftermarket front bumper on.  I would not do that, or recommend it but it has been done.

Personally I am going to install 2" skyjacker leveling coils first to get the front of my truck up with the back. It looks better and I will not rub at all with 32x11.50's and the stock bumper off road.  
my truck:
[url]http://www.superford.org/registry/?vID=184[/url]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#9]
just upgraded my 235x75x15s for 30x9.50x15s this weekend. Might be able to squeeze 31s on next time. need to do a little more research first. Might need a 2" lift for anything bigger.

But, yes, tires do make the vehicle.

Aviator [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, I love BFG AllTerrain TAs.  I've got 30x9.5" on my Nissan and they look great.  The tires give good traction in every condition I've driven them in.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#11]
SniperM88,

i have a 78 Bronco, i have already replaced the original wheels & tires & upped the size to the biggest 8", my wife can hardly get in it now & it is only about 2" higher......

i was just wondering because i have to replace 4 tires soon.......
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SniperM88,

i have a 78 Bronco, i have already replaced the original wheels & tires & upped the size to the biggest 8", my wife can hardly get in it now & it is only about 2" higher......

i was just wondering because i have to replace 4 tires soon.......
View Quote

Nice, my buddy has a '78.  It's on 38's with 6" suspension and 3" body.  Its just too big for around here and needs new break lines and a good bleed job. It also needs a Dana 60 front to be bulletproof, with the NP435 4-spd, NP 205 t-case and the 9" rear the Dana 44 front is a very weak link. We put an edelbrock 600cfm EGR carb and intake manifold on it with complete MSD ignition and it made a WORLD of difference.  It runs incredibly and starts up on a dime.  Anyone with a 78-79 bronco should check out [url]www.projectbronco.com[/url] My friends bronco is in the showroom, its black with dark purple flames, from Fairfax.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#13]
31x10.5 BFG Mud Terrains on my Jeep. Best tires I have ever bought.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Ive got 30x9.50s on my Nissan hardbody Had to buy new rims to fit them tho there expesive I cost me a little over $600 for four tires I think. The biggest thing with them is rotation I rotate mine every 3k If you dont they will turn into square tire and beat the crap out of you like a bias ply swamper. I like them alot they are the new KM design all i got to say is it works Ive had them in snow and mud and It works really good for a stock p/u. I do think the AT/KO has a little bit of advantge in the snow tho a buddy of mine has them and does pritty good. I havent had BFGs before the redisign so I cant say how much better they are than the old style. hey Hoplophile... how new is your nissan>? Ive got an 95/XE/V6 Ive had good luck with it so far ive put 16k on it in the year ive had it had a problem with the exhaust manifold bolts shearing off but the dealer fixed it and its good now Ive heard thats common I also have a bad fuel sending unit but it works most of the times ill get it fixed this summer they have to drop the tank and all that good stuff. while there at it im going to have them go through the whole truck and change ALL the fluids including the trasfer case and rear end. Mine is an AT im considering putting in a tranny oil cooler and engine oil cooler as well. Ever have any problems with yours???
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got a 1985 GMC Jimmy full size with a 6 inch suspension lift and 35 inch BFG mud terrain tires the new pattern.  Plus I also got a 2 grand stereo system in it. It's bad ass it will go every where.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:27:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They are the 32x11.50's I presume?  What year is your Bronco, did you use stock rims and do you have any pictures?  I want to put them on my F-150 when I need new tires.  

Quoted:
View Quote

On 88-97 Full size, 4x4, Ford trucks you can run 32x11.50's stock.  Some trucks with sagging bushings and suspension may rub on the front bumper, but that can be solved by shimming the front bumper a bit.  I have seen a few guys run 33x12.50's on their truck and just shim out the stock front bumper 2", or put an aftermarket front bumper on.  I would not do that, or recommend it but it has been done.

Personally I am going to install 2" skyjacker leveling coils first to get the front of my truck up with the back. It looks better and I will not rub at all with 32x11.50's and the stock bumper off road.  
my truck:
[url]http://www.superford.org/registry/?vID=184[/url]
View Quote

I have a 1994 Bronco and the only modification I had to make was on the plastic air dam that hangs off the bottom of the front bumper.  They rubbed it a little in a hard turn. I took off a inch or so with some pruning shears and you can't even tell unless you get down and look at it. The tires are 32x11.5 (KO, but I don't know what the difference is from the older BFG'S) on the original Ford "WELD" look-alike alloys.  I got them at SEARS for 118.00 minus 10% because my wife is an associate.  Not a bad price I don't think.  I put them on my Jeep YJ that I used to have and my wife has them on her Cherokee.  I think they are a great tire for the money.  Wait for them to go on sale if you get them.  They were about 150.00 regular price but SEARS has them on sale about once a month.  Oh, by the way, BFGoodrich doesn't make the them anymore.  They sold the name to Michelin some years back.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I miss my BFG A/T's on my Jeep.  After my "Stuck Story" (old post), I replace my factory installed bareley used Goodyear Wranglers with 31 BFG A/T's.  Never got stuck with them, no matter what the conditions.  After the price of gas started on the rise again around a year and a half/2 years ago I had to change out my now balding BFG's.  I went with an afordable set of Coopers 245x75 (around 28")  Well I got stuck upstate (NY) and need my buddies Explorer to pull me out.  My next set will be BFG's, gas prices be damned.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I really like BFG ATs. They last a long time, and give good traction in most conditions. The only time they did poorly is in clay mud.

The BFG MTs are the favorite of many serious offroaders around here (Southern Cali). They work well for rock crawlers. From what I understand, they are only so-so mud ties, but great in most other conditions. I'll probably try them next. I don't expect them to last as long as the ATs.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I really like BFG ATs. They last a long time, and give good traction in most conditions. The only time they did poorly is in clay mud.

The BFG MTs are the favorite of many serious offroaders around here (Southern Cali). They work well for rock crawlers. From what I understand, they are only so-so mud ties, but great in most other conditions. I'll probably try them next. I don't expect them to last as long as the ATs.
View Quote

They look really aggressive, they sound great on pavement.  Now you have me thinking....and that's not a good thing.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks Luavul, I have the same rims I'll have to take a look at prices around here.  KO's have the thick bead around the rim to protect it, the tread comes down further on the side wall and the tread pattern has a few more cuts in it to help move water out of the way on the street.  

You don't happen to have a picture do you?

Quoted:
The BFG MTs ...From what I understand, they are only so-so mud ties, but great in most other conditions. I'll probably try them next. I don't expect them to last as long as the ATs.
View Quote

DonS, the new BFG MT's are a MUCH better mud tire than the old.  They made small changed to the tread and big changes to the side biter.  They are still obviously nothing like a S-Swamper, but a good mud tire that you can run on the street.  Just FYI.  I think you will like them, and keep them inflated and rotated regularly and you'll be surprised how long the MT's can last.

Edited to add: The new Mud Terrain is the BFG MT T/A.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#22]
hey Hoplophile... how new is your nissan>? Ive got an 95/XE/V6 Ive had good luck with it so far ive put 16k on it in the year ive had it had a problem with the exhaust manifold bolts shearing off but the dealer fixed it and its good now Ive heard thats common I also have a bad fuel sending unit but it works most of the times ill get it fixed this summer they have to drop the tank and all that good stuff. while there at it im going to have them go through the whole truck and change ALL the fluids including the trasfer case and rear end. Mine is an AT im considering putting in a tranny oil cooler and engine oil cooler as well. Ever have any problems with yours???
View Quote

I'm still driving the 4cyl 4x2 Hardbody that my wife and I bought new at the end of may back in '93.  You know the stripped down models they advertise in the papers for some rediculously low price?  That's what we bought.  Power nothing, not even steering, no rear bumper, no radio, etc.  In the first year it picked up 40k miles and had the oil changed at around 5k miles then again at around 35k miles.  The second year was the same except that at around 75k miles we had it tuned up and it has followed pretty much the same maintenance schedule since.  It has just over 300k miles on it now and the only problem I had was back around 230k when there was a problem with the water pump and timing chain, I'm not sure which caused which.  The problem actually started back around 200k miles but I kept driving it anyway until it finally overheated, the timing chain slipped, and the cylinder head cracked.  A new water pump, new timing chain and guides and a new cylinder head later and it's still going striong even though I'm still treating it like a rented mule.

Even though it is a two wheel drive, I spend a lot of time off pavement with it.  I had a 3" suspension lift installed that makes it about the same height as a regular 4x4 and gives me enough clearance to not hang up the bottom on obstacles.  The extra clearance combined with the good tires, some common sense about where not to try going, and a come-a-long for when I get stuck lets me get to all kinds of places.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#23]
[img]http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/tires/mtavl5.l.jpeg[/img]
BFG All terrain K/O
[img]http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/tires/mtavm5.l.jpeg[/img]
BFG Mud Terrain K/M
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Great Tire!

I have a set on my reg cab 4x4 F150.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top