Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2002 7:13:56 PM EDT
So, what is there to do?  Tagging  along with the wife on a business trip and she has class during the day.  Any firearm manufacturers there or gunshows going on.  How cold is it there?  
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:01:16 AM EDT
[#3]
At Sixth and Arch is the Reading Terminal Market. Inside, Termini's Brothers Bakery has phenomenal pastry and cannoli. D'Nick's has a roast pork sandwich that is out of this world. Get the aged parmesan and the roast hot peppers on it.

There is a gunshow in Fort Washington, PA {about a half hour west of Philly) but I don't know if there is one this weekend or not.

Valley Forge National Park is beautiful and historic. If you take I-76 West out of Philadelphia, it'll bring you right to Valley Forge.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Some decent nudie bars!

Get a cheesesteak.  Check out Independence Hall.  This nation was born there.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Some decent nudie bars!
View Quote

On Delaware Ave, by the river.

Get a cheesesteak.
View Quote

Pass on Geno's and Pat's. They are only good when you're drunk at 2:30AM and nothing else is open. Jim's at Fourth or Fifth and South Street is really good.

Check out Independence Hall. This nation was born there.
View Quote

Definitely a lot of good history there. Also Betsy Ross' house, the Franklin Institute, the Liberty Bell, etc.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#6]
June 15 & 16 is the Valley Forge gun show at the Convention Center.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Classic Pistol is a few miles north of the city - its where I go sometimes to shoot.  Rent a SMG and burn up some brass.

[url]www.classicpistol.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want to shoot, there is South Philly Gun and Archery.  Which is within walking distance to Pat's and Geno's.  There are better cheesesteaks, but you can say you've been there this way.  

Delaware Ave has all the dance clubs if you are into that.  There are some cool smaller bars on south street.

If you like wings try cavanaughs 39th and Sansom.  Go during the day, unless you don't mind lots of college students.

There is the Camden aquarium.  You can get a Ferry there from Philly, I don't advise driving there, the rest of Camden is nasty.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Lou Turks.

[puke]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank's for the addvice I will definitely check out the FOOD!!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Be careful and stay away from the south side of philly,you can get killed if you go into the wrong part of town in philly.
You will be about 60 miles from atlantic city if you like to try your luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top