Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2002 5:55:40 PM EDT
I know what it means.  But, what is your definition?  What is the general definition?  Not the scenario.  I can think of lots of nasty scenarios.

I just watched "The Last Of the Mohicans" again last night.  I think the SHTF for the colonists during the French/Indian War.  Then again during the Revolutionary War.

I think the SHTF for those in the WTC on 9/11.

Does it have to be large scale?  Or is it when you are facing an armed intruder in your home and you've just been gut-shot and you are the last defence for your children?

When does the SHTF for you?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure of what SHTF is.  For me SHTF is when people are confused and disorderly.  Rioting is one example, other examples might be Nuke/Bio/Chem attack, mass rooting, aftermath of natural disaster, invasion by foreign military, etc.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be when my wife sees the Marlin "little buckaroo" 15YS I'm going to give to my daughter on her 7th birthday later this year.  
Yeah, that's it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Not again..... [rolleyes]

[b][i]You! Put down the ballbat and back slowly away from the dead horse![/b][/i]

Try the search function, really.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That would be when my wife sees the Marlin "little buckaroo" 15YS I'm going to give to my daughter on her 7th birthday later this year.  
Yeah, that's it.
View Quote

hehe  lmao.  now that might be a SHTF situation.  good luck man!  [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top