Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2002 5:43:42 PM EDT
Lets say you have an unregistered AR in CA. Would you take it to a range? Why or why not? (Not that I have one, but for informational purposes only)
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go down to your local police station and show it off a little bit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
BOG? Is that you?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Kalifornia scares me....!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No, but I normally take my unregistered M2 machine gun and mount it on my cavalier and drive around town. [whacko]

[:K]
View Quote

I hope you have good shocks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Allow me to clarify what I meant orginally. Ok, here's the hypothetical situation. Dick has a sister named Jane. Bob lives in PRK, Jane lives in NV. When Dick heard of SB23/roberto roosi blah, blah, blah, he got scared and sent it to Jane. Its been about a year since Dick held this babies and like any good parent, he gets separation anxiety. So naturally he wants them back. Lets not focus on the "illegal importation" and on the range alone. If Dick were to take his rifle to a range, what are the chances of him having to show regestration papers?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, but I normally take my unregistered M2 machine gun and mount it on my cavalier and drive around town. [whacko]

View Quote

I hope you have good shocks.
View Quote

Wow, a cavalier....I had to mount mine on my Explorer.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
"No, but I normally take my unregistered M2 machine gun and mount it on my cavalier and drive around town."

You think that is funny huh... I was driving out in the country this weekend and this guy pulled out in front me pulling a trailer with his mower on it. He was pulling the trailer with a Willis Jeep with a M2 mounted on a pedestal mount complete with a belt of 50 cal in the gun. I guess it was a dummy gun and would have tried to stop him and ask but this old lady almost ran me off the road when she saw it and he got away.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Allow me to clarify what I meant orginally. Ok, here's the hypothetical situation. Dick has a sister named Jane. Bob lives in PRK, Jane lives in NV. When Dick heard of SB23/roberto roosi blah, blah, blah, he got scared and sent it to Jane. Its been about a year since Dick held this babies and like any good parent, he gets separation anxiety. So naturally he wants them back. Lets not focus on the "illegal importation" and on the range alone. If Dick were to take his rifle to a range, what are the chances of him having to show regestration papers?
View Quote

Who cares what the chances are?  Is that opportunity to go to the range worth the penalty associated with the felony offense?  Please advise Dick to pull his head out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't take it to a public range, but I'd shoot it in the back 40.

That way if anyone approached you could just FUCKIN Blast 'em!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Yea, that’s the ticket make a felony a capital crime. And as a bonus kill an innocent bystander.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, there you go. Listen to the voice of reason.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#16]
His chances of showing papers are close to nill.  We still have some freedoms left.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Wat the heck..i smell trolll

Well, i am in the same situation..and left a lot of my guns out in Nevada where they arent illegal. However, i'm not stupid enough to try to fuck around in Kaliban, and thus shoot my guns in Nevada, and don't even think twice about bringing it into PRK. Don't, its not worth it, u get caught you can never have a gun again....(legally that is). If you miss ur gun that much, move the hell out of kaliban.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#18]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Quoted:
No, but I normally take my unregistered M2 machine gun and mount it on my cavalier and drive around town.

My homies and i have our m2's mounted gansta style on my b*tch*s pimped out impala.

we aint gotta worry bout shocks cuz she got hydrolics.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Ban all guns.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

So who the hell is Bob and how does he fit in our little story? Is Bob really Imbro...?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow.

Well, I did register all of mine but...

[red]AND I ONLY SPEAK HYPOTHETICALLY[/red]

[blue]*IF* I were thinking that way[/blue] (I don't and would just keep them out of state if I were that worried about the matter) I suppose I might as they don't ask for papers.

[green]That would be needless anyway as they are in a readily accessable database.[/green]

NOW,
It isn't something I like but don't want the possible problems since I shoot mine REGUALRLY so I did register them.

I don't exactly like it and it is totally pointless.

I am planning to get out of here someday and while i'm here keep voting.

It may take me a few years to leave, I don't know, as there are a lot of things involved right now.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#23]
[url]www.guntruths.com/Puckett/why_i_will_not_obey_california.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I've got a registered AR I take to the local county-run range. I just haul it out and start blasting. They've never asked me for papers. (I've got a xerox in the pistol grip just in case.)

Other people might have different experiences at different ranges, and some people may be risk-adverse. YMMV.

Presumably they would need probable cause about something you're doing in order to accost you. The simple fact that you are carrying an AR would not be enough. However, probable cause is pretty easy to manufacture if the cop is so inclined, so it may that they see you at the range, want to run the rifle, and see that you've got an unbuckled seatbelt when you drive away (from 200 yds on a dark, moonless night in driving rain). Once they have you pulled over they ask about weapons, run the serial numbers, and discover that that one isn't in the database.

It wouldn't be worth the risk to me. If separation anxiety was a big deal I'd drive to AZ or NV and shoot once in a while. It's a maximum of about 4 hours from anywhere in CA. Make a day, or a weekend, of it.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Just look for the Fab 10 post, it tells the story af an LE officer that takes away a CA legal fab 10 rifle, the owner didnt have the paper showing its approval, had it taken away, called the Manufacter, and then the DOJ, he did get it back. If it were an illegal AR, well,
C-YA! would be the words you heard next!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'd be curious to find out if anyone on here has ever been asked for their registration papers, ever.  
View Quote

I have never been asked, but I heard there is a range on the peninsula that won't let you in without them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:  I have never been asked, but I heard there is a range on the peninsula that won't let you in without them.
View Quote

There is...Coyote Point just south of SFO.  BTDT one time, never again.  Range is run by (I think) San Mateo county park rangers, whatever the hell they are.  Ranger took a quick glance at my registration letterhead from about 3 feet away, did not cross check sn on the rifle.  Counting down to ID in 6 weeks.

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me too.

Urchin

Remember when your teacher told you there are no stupids questions?  You may have found an exception.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Not just no, but FUCK NO. Unless you're whay out in the stix.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#31]
I know several guys who shoot their AR's at the range and never had their papers checket

God ..I can't spell
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top