Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2001 4:27:53 PM EDT
I'm looking to purchase a H&K clone. Any of yall seen any good ones lately??? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
[puke] Special Weapons of course!!! [puke]

Just kidding, whatever you do, don't let anyone talk you into buying any Special Weapons products.  That company has screwed many people out of a lot of cash and their products suck.  Others on this board can go into much more detail.  Sorry, that's all the advise have.
Goodluck.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know much about the H&K G3 rifle, but the CETME (H&K G3 looking rifle w/wood furniture) is advertised in Shotgun News for $490. And I haven't heard anything TERRIBLE about them...yet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Special Weapons *LOOK* nice(from the photo's I've seen), but I hear bad things about their customer service.  I hear both, the rifles suck and the rifles are awesome, so I don't know which is true.  I wouldn't buy one because I've seen Todd post many unprofessional unbusinessmanlike messages.  Just for those reasons I wouldn't buy a Special Weapons rifle.

I was last looking at an [b]Interport G3/HK-91[/b], which I hear were made by Special Weapons.

I seem to hear a lot of stuff...
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
There was one on the for sale board a minute ago :-) [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#6]
You can't go wrong with the Greek SAR 8. A little on the high side price wise but you will not be disappointed with quality and perfomance.

ASR  
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#7]
SAR 8 Would be the best that you can buy.. That is unless you have someone make you one!!!! NO SWS                [rocket]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]
is their such thing as a NON SW hk 94 clone???
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got a CETME and love it.The wood furniture looks great,finish is fine and all parts are new.You can't find a better deal for $500.It also kicks less than my '91.Wish I had the money to buy another just for an investment.If you want one you'd better hurry,I hear Century is out of them so what their dealers have in stock is it.Go to the discussion forums at hk91.com for more info.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 1:03:34 AM EDT
[#11]
A clone is the same as the original, and only the Greek EBO Springfield Armory SAR3/SAR8 (pre May 1989 Bush-ban/post 1989 Bush-ban) and the FMP G3S/XG3S qualify as clones.  All the rest are copies, including the aluminum Springfield Armory SAR8.  Your best bet is to check the HK91.com website and do a search for each type of clone/copy you want to get info on.  The CETME is the design that the G3/HK91 was based on, and as such is not as refined in comparison to a G3/HK91.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top