Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2011 7:08:28 PM EDT
"-We have been entertained with a great variety of phrases, to avoid calling this sort of people a mob.-Some call them shavers, some call them genius's. -The plain English is gentlemen, most probably a motley rabble of saucy boys, negroes and molattoes, Irish teagues and out landish jack tarrs.-And why we should scruple to call such a set of people a mob, I can't conceive, unless the name is too respectable for them"
John Adams.

Basically, it was like an ARFCOM Hometown meet up gone bad.

Seriously, John Adams was a fucking genius and damn eloquent.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Father of our Navy.

My Dad is a HUGE fan of John Adams. Has pretty much every book ever published about the man.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"-We have been entertained with a great variety of phrases, to avoid calling this sort of people a mob.-Some call them shavers, some call them genius's. -The plain English is gentlemen, most probably a motley rabble of saucy boys, negroes and molattoes, Irish teagues and out landish jack tarrs.-And why we should scruple to call such a set of people a mob, I can't conceive, unless the name is too respectable for them"
John Adams.

Guilty I think unless this is refering ot the ghey

WTF is a jack tarr? google says it is a merchant marine
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
John Adams.

Guilty I think unless this is refering ot the ghey

WTF is a jack tarr? google says it is a merchant marine

Basically he is saying a bunch of white troublemakers, Blacks, part blacks, Irish Catholics and sailors formed the mob.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top