Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2011 6:57:43 PM EDT
A cop knocks on your door at 0300 hrs to tell you that your 1968 Shelby GT500 KR is missing from your garage that was left open. The car just took off from him when he noticed a well known sex offender driving it and your teenage daughter in the passenger seat.

Are you upset that he knocked on the door ?  Should he have waited until the sun was up to tell you that he thought you car could been stolen and your daughter in danger.  Are you going to sic your German shepherd on him ?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A cop knocks on your door at 0300 hrs to tell you that your 1968 Shelby GT500 KR is missing from your garage that was left open. The car just took off from him when he noticed a well known sex offender driving it and your teenage daughter in the passenger seat.

Are you upset that he knocked on the door ?  Should he have waited until the sun was up to tell you that he thought you car could been stolen and your daughter in danger.  Are you going to sic your German shepherd on him ?

hahaha. At that point I would have nothing to loose. A bad situation.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#2]
"Don't invite the man into your life"

Just shut the door in his face.  He is fishing and wanting to make you a criminal.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I know this is sarcasm, but such a thing happened on a ride-along I went to.

Other police found a wrecked to hell Mustang wrapped up in a culvert with no one around. Tracked down the owner of record and we got to go visit him.  

It took a good 5 minutes to convince the guy that his car was in fact, NOT where he had parked it the evening before.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, since I don't have a Shelby or a teenage daughter... yes because he just woke me up for absolutely nothing, and he is in completely the wrong neighborhood and it sounds like he is on some serious drugs.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
did he put any tree branches in YOUR dumpster ?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a convertible Mustang (1969 not 1968) and my daughter just got out of Kindergarten, so no worries (yet).

Were this a true scenario, someone's a$$ would be in a sling.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#9]
dbrowne1 would post the following...

Pissed, for a lot of reasons:

1. Sleep is more valuable than anything.
2. Sometimes I let my daughter joyride with her friends.
3. Banging on my door at 3:00 a.m. is unwise and can lead to an "uncomfortable" meeting.
4. Letting my daughter ride around with her licensed friends is not a crime - why would a law enforcement officer even look twice at that?
5. The car is insured. Not the cops' problem.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Why the fuck would my daughter be in a car with a well known sex offender?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
dbrowne1 would post the following...

Pissed, for a lot of reasons:

1. Sleep is more valuable than anything.
2. Sometimes I let my daughter joyride with her friends.
3. Banging on my door at 3:00 a.m. is unwise and can lead to an "uncomfortable" meeting.
4. Letting my daughter ride around with her licensed friends is not a crime - why would a law enforcement officer even look twice at that?
5. The car is insured. Not the cops' problem.

lol this
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why the fuck would my daughter be in a car with a well known sex offender?

Because kids are stupid?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#13]
He got the address wrong.

I go back to ARFcom on the net.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just shut the door in his face.  He is fishing and wanting to make you a criminal.

QFT!
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I tell the intruder to get off my lawn because I don't own a fucking Shelby and I will blow his head clean off. I then wait til he's crossing my moat and push him in to die by diseased midgets.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

This. Lawyer up, yesterday.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd take his badge number and file a complaint with Internal Affairs.  The nerve, waking me up at such an early hour.  Don't cops know some people work?

And In Before The Parody Thread Lock.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#18]
What? my car is missing? WTF? I just had it repainted!  Please don't get any blood on the inside of my car, it's signed by shelby himself.

Wait till you stop them, exit the car, then you'll feel threatened and... good shoot.  

(Don't have a daughter, but I've got a shelby)
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Step 1. Unplug ethernet cable from modem.
Step 2. Crawl in hole.

OP, for all of our sakes, just do it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#21]
SYSTEM MESSAGE just stopped by to tell you your thread was open, but stole your car instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top