Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2002 7:16:50 PM EDT
A kid that I used to work with got worked over by a couple soldiers from Ft. Hood. He was fighting one of them whe the guys buddies came over and beat the shit out of him with a baseball bat. The kid lost his left eye, has a skull fracture, and may have to have a hip replacement (among other injuries) and all at 17 years old.

I'm glad I have a CHL because I can't fight for shit. I avoid these kinds of situations at all costs. But, sometimes you can't avoid a fight. TX law says that if someone beats you about the head and shoulders with their [b][i]fists[/i][/b] or anything else, that is considered assault with a deadly weapon and deadly force may be used. Being acquitted by the Grand Jury is another story though. I'm thinking that I'm going to follow Jarhead_22's lead and start learning Krav Maga.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I forgot to add that the dumb fucks who beat this kid almost to death video taped the incident. The Police now have the tape.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes sir! It sounds like they are going to do time in military prison in addition to state prison.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
 Gloftoe, we should probably have the whole story (like that'l ever happen) before you ask " WTF is wrong with the Military these days"  I'm not sticking up for these joes, but there are WAY too many unknowns to go attacking the mil. Hell, you could say that obviously, nothing is wrong with it because these soldiers worked together and came to help their buddy. Or I could look at almost any news incident these days and ask "What the #@%! is wrong with civilians these days?"
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 Gloftoe, we should probably have the whole story (like that'l ever happen) before you ask " WTF is wrong with the Military these days"  I'm not sticking up for these joes, but there are WAY too many unknowns to go attacking the mil. Hell, you could say that obviously, nothing is wrong with it because these soldiers worked together and came to help their buddy. Or I could look at almost any news incident these days and ask "What the #@%! is wrong with civilians these days?"
View Quote

Sorry Hoss, but beating a 17 year old kid with a baseball bat and FILMING(!) it says yes, indeed, these particular idiots have something desperately wrong with them.  I can understand youn men getting into it, and I can even see the guy's buddies coming to his aide.  But taking the time to beat on him with a bat and be stupid enough to tape it is just unbelievable.

That being said, a little piece of wisdom was imparted on be when I started taking TaeKwon-Do.  The best fight is the one you avoid.  And I've made it my life's goal to avoid fights.  I've only failed in this goal three times.  Two of them were completely in self defense and I had no other choice.  The third was more of an ass whipping by aproximately 16 misunderstood teenage hyphenated-Americans that left me with multiple concussions, stitches, and classic PTSD.  Since that last one, I've been on condition yellow ever since.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I figured that would start the slammin' but it is a real pisser-offer when people use the broad brush , you know?  Bunghole knows the guy so it's like" oohh, all them Army guys are fu#$ed up" , whatever. Now I'm startin' to sound like a "woe is me poor misunderstood insert your fave group here"  NAACP, ACLU, etc. type. Jeez.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Make not mistake.  My father fought in the Army during Korea, so I am the last person to bash the armed forces blindly.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I was in no way bashing the Army. I just thought it was a relevant piece of information because of the fact that when they are convicted, they will be double fucked.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't carry a gun generally.  I think I would be hesitant to use one in a pinch.  I might wait too long to pull the trigger.  I carry a knife that I sharpen a couple times a week.  It's sharp enough to shave with (and I have before).  I figure a few quick facial and groin stabs would take the fight out of someone and the agressor would probably survive though not be happy.  I don't start fights, but I'll be damned if I take an ass kicking because someone has too much sauce in them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I have to agree with GodBlessTexas about 203gnr's remark. What ever happened to fighting
"one on one". I hope that the 17 year old kid was pounding the shit out of the soldier. And if these soldiers just did this for kicks then they really are a bunch of pricks and I would make sure that I got the best lawyer that I could find and I would sue the ARMY for my permanent disabilities and make sure that they got life in prison. Of course we do not know the whole story.

And you know, sometimes you just can't walk away from a fight.

I was raised and grew up in areas with a lot of Native Indians that went to our schools. If us white boys beat the shit out of one of the Indians "one on one", then the whole tribe jumps on your back or eventually gets even.
I had basically the same thing happen to me one one snowy winter night after dark when I was approached by 5 Indians. One of them that had it out for me did not let me walk away. None of them would let me walk away. And one of his buddies was standing there with a wooden baseball bat. I had to keep my eyes constantly on the dude with the baseball bat while I beat the shit out of the one who had it in for me.
They all jumped me, but I did apprehend the bat. I ended up coming out of the fight in pretty good shape. No serious injuries. As for the 5 Indians. What I had to do to them to keep my self alive was the most macabre thing that you could ever witness. It makes me cringe just thinking that I probably would not be sitting here if I did not get the bat in my hands and if I was not a proficient fighter at the age of 17.

Bunghole's buddy is so damn lucky to still be alive. It does not take a lot of effort to kill someone when your swinging a bat and you hit them in the right places. When I started reading what happened to him I think my heart stopped beating for a few minutes reliving my own moments.

Everyone needs to learn how to defend theirself
in one form or as many forms necessary to bring yourself to a good confidence level, especially if they do not know how to fight. I can not overstress this. Your not always going to have the convenience of a weapon 100% of the time.

bunghole, I wish your buddy the best of luck.
Losing the eye is really fucked up, but he also needs to put his life into the perspective that he is still alive.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#14]
ilikelegs - unless I am mistaken, you need to lose the knuckles....

edited to add:

§ 46.05. Prohibited Weapons

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:

(1) an explosive weapon;

(2) a machine gun;

(3) a short-barrel firearm;

(4) a firearm silencer;

(5) a switchblade knife;

[b](6) knuckles;[/b]

(7) armor-piercing ammunition;

(8) a chemical dispensing device; or

(9) a zip gun.

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#15]
While it certainly appears as though the fight wound up being totally one sided and that it is obvious that attack w/ intent to cause great bodily harm/death is a given......simply asking WTF is wrong with the military is a dumbass question IMO.

Too many unknowns to draw an adequate conclusion IMO.

Personally, regardless of what started the fight, the two soldiers [highly trained, highly motivated and full of piss and vinegar] should have had enough discipline and restraint not to have gone so far.  I don't blame them for backing each other up.......that is what you are trained to do.

It is one thing to win a fight and quite another to beat your opponent to the point of death.  I certainly hope they get what they deserve for that deed.

[b]ilikelegs:[/b]  Seems you and I are much alike.  In addition to my Glock 23c [which is always in my truck], I have on my person no less than 3 different knives [a Spyderco Military in the pocket, a Spydercard in my wallett and a mini rescue on my key ring], my Glock 27 or Kimber CDP on my belt when the need to carry on my person exists/permits and a Glock knife in the side pocket of my drivers side door.  My Surefire also resides in my console.

Some poeple who know me think I am some kind of nut but most [my true friends] realize that I may very well one day save their asses if a bad sit-u every goes down.

Like you said, I avoid trouble as much as possible but should that not be possible I intend to do no less that bust some serious ass if I have to.

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I got the best lawyer that I could find and I would sue the ARMY
View Quote

You probably would, pathetic fool.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#17]

(8) a chemical dispensing device; or

(9) a zip gun.
View Quote

2 questions.
1: whats a Zip Gun?
2:Is pepper sray considered [b]a chemical dispensing device[/b] ?

also My younger brother recently beat the shit out of someone with a re-bar

story:
He had around $11,000 worth of DJ equipment stolen from my moms house..( all of which he paid for himself since he was 15.. currently 17)

He was at a gas station when a truck pulled up and started pumping gas... He had heard rummers that this was the guy that had broken in my moms house..  but he wasnt sure if he should believe it or not. He calls me to go up there and I decide to go so I can tell him thats not the guy you have no proof YADA YADA YADA....

By the time I get there my brother is full of blood, and in cuffs.
Turns out that when the guy went to inside to pay. My bro got on the guys truck bed and started moving stuff around and saw some of [b]his[/b] cords that went with the stolen equip.. when the guy came back, my bro proceeded to whack the shit out of the guy.
when I got there the ambulance had already taken the guy away.

My bro was scheduled to leave for MCRD on the 22nd of MAY .. this happened in the 20th.....

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top