Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2002 6:48:40 PM EDT
Found this while exploring the back roads in the mountains near my home. Too cool for words. wish I had thought of it first [:)]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Pthfndr%2FGunpowder%5FLn%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
In Kalifornya, no less (Judging by your listed state)! Look around - maybe there's a "Black Gun Blvd" nearby. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
When we went out to ETH's place there was a road on the way called Rifle Range Road. I was going to get a oicture but didn't.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When we went out to ETH's place there was a road on the way called Rifle Range Road. I was going to get a oicture but didn't.
View Quote

I see you went thru Wichita Falls[:D] fullclip
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Found this while exploring the back roads in the mountains near my home. Too cool for words. wish I had thought of it first [:)]
View Quote

We even have a Gunbarrel City in Texas.\[:)] fullclip
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:46:16 AM EDT
[#7]
One of the county roads east of Denver that intersects I-70 is "Gun Club Road." Unfortunatly, suburbia is creeping in and it won't be long, if it's not already too late, and the gun club will be gone. [:(]

The town I live in uses a Winchester '94 as it's symbol. We have "Remington Square," "Gunbarrel Square" and once had a "Winchester Hotel" and a host of other gun related names.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/view/CC/hlc65.html[/url]

How about "Cut & Shoot, Texas [:)]  fullclip
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Two words: "Rifle, Colorado"
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Two words: "Rifle, Colorado"
View Quote

With the number of hunters that come in every fall I wondered if anyone would recognize the names. [:D]

Although I really didn't expect you to catch it Kar98. Shoulda' known, I guess.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#11]
How about [b]'Gun Barrel City, Texas'?[/b]

Now [u]that's[/u] a place I could get real used to!

[url]http://www.texasescapes.com/EastTexasTowns/GunBarrelCityTexas/GunBarrelCityTx.htm[/url]

Town slogan? 'We Shoot Straight With You!'

I kid you not! [:D]

Eric The(WellTraveled)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Do they take escapees' from NY?

Gun Barrel City, despite the frontier-sounding name, has only been around since the 1960s when the Cedar Creek Reservoir was built. The population was only 60 in 1970, and the people voted on incorporation so that the town could [b]sell beer.[/b]

"Fishing is not mandatory, but it's more of a lifestyle than a recreation in Gun Barrel City. Remember their motto is "We shoot straight WITH you." Not "We shoot straight AT you." (Houston's unofficial motto).

[img]http://www.texasescapes.com/EastTexasTowns/GunBarrelCityTexas/GunBarrelCityCityHall.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#13]
The fact that [b]Gun Barrel City, Texas[/b] has only been around since the 1960s should tell you something about the mindset of most Texans!

We love weapons! All weapons! Any weapon!

Eric The(GunLoving)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

its a PVT (private) road so i guess you can name it whatever you want. even in liberal Kalifornia, there are pockets of conservatism.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Occasionally in the PRK you see something that gives you a bit of hope...guy at a light in front of me yesterday in a big Dodge 4-by had a PRK personalized plate...MMMDEER.

A week ago I finally got my plates...308N223.  Was sitting at a light when I heard the guy in back of me beep his horn.  Turned out to be CHP and I got a big thumbs up.

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Post from redray -
even in liberal Kalifornia, there are pockets of conservatism.
View Quote

Shoot, are you kidding? Most of the counties in Calirfornia are genuinely conservative, it's the left coast cities that tilt California into the liberal camp.

Just look at the Bush/Gore map of the 2000 Election:

[img]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images/20001114_xcbtl_electionrtrn.jpg[/img]

California looks pretty [b]Bush[/b] to me!

If they could just get rid of that Left Coast...hmmmm...

Eric The(I'mThinking,I'mThinking)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#18]
They've got a few real streets like that in Marana, Az..  
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#19]
New Mexico? All the homosexuals from my office have moved there. Five in all. They say the climate (figuratively) is receptive. They also say that many of their homosexual friends are moving there as well. I'm here in the bay area so guess what political bent they have? I have no doubt that this is one of the factors for the blue swatches in NM.

I want to know WTF about the blue in Texas? Breaking my heart.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Post from redray -
even in liberal Kalifornia, there are pockets of conservatism.
View Quote

Shoot, are you kidding? Most of the counties in Calirfornia are genuinely conservative, it's the left coast cities that tilt California into the liberal camp.

Just look at the Bush/Gore map of the 2000 Election:

[img]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images/20001114_xcbtl_electionrtrn.jpg[/img]

California looks pretty [b]Bush[/b] to me!

If they could just get rid of that Left Coast...hmmmm...

Eric The(I'mThinking,I'mThinking)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

hell eric if that is true, where in the hell do they get off voting for the likes of Feinstein, Davis, and that dog looking dude from some of the other posts? you tellin me the left coast carries the whole state?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#21]
ok smart asses..check this out..

I live in Kaliban..and the two crossstreets to my street is
Shotgun Lane
and Derringer Lane..mUAHAHA
Who is the kING!! IF i had a digital camera..id take some pictures and post them up....

Best thing?
I live in LA county. And my congressional district is ALWAYS republican (phew)
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I want to know WTF about the blue in Texas? Breaking my heart.
View Quote

Check the map close and you will find the border towns. Illegal immigration, most likely [:(!] ...fullclip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top