Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2011 7:10:50 AM EDT
i have an older ( not sure how old ) Quincy air compressor, im guessing its a 60 gallon tank that i might sell.

my garage is being torn down Friday ( we had a structural failure this winter, insurance finally covered it )

since this is a horizontal air compressor, it takes up more space than i like... a vertical one wouldnt bother me at all.

so i was thinking of just selling it... i dont want it sitting outside for the next month.

ive only been able to find 2 of these for sale on Craigslist for price comparisons, one was $450, one was $600, and a friend of mine thinks i should list it for $800....

opinions?

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the price depends on how fast you want to sell it.

$800.0 seems high to me.

You don't have much time and it is easier to sell when it's plugged in so the buyer can see it run.

If you have time, ask $600 and take 500.

I would ask 450 and take 400.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think the price depends on how fast you want to sell it.
$800.0 seems high to me.
You don't have much time and it is easier to sell when it's plugged in so the buyer can see it run.
If you have time, ask $600 and take 500.
I would ask 450 and take 400.

i took a video of it with my camera phone so the buyer can see it running.

from searching on craigslist and ebay, similar air compressors can go as high as 1,600

are the Campbell Hausfeld are compressors any good ?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
For God's sake - get a safety fence on the pulleys.
$500 with fence - Quincy is a great name but you are competing with other newer and cheaper comps.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Why don't you build a set of brackets to mount it on the wall/ Then you can put shelving underneath it. Make sure to use rubber isolators.

That Quincy in that shape is far better than any new Campbell Hausfield you could ever buy.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless you're hurting for money, I wouldn't sell it. You will probably not be able to replace it for what you'll get out of it. Tarp it good and keep it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top