Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 5:21:29 PM EDT
Unbelievable brutal footage.

Needless to say my great mood is over. Started at 9pm. Unreal.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I am watching it right now... [:(]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I hope everyone saw it and I hope they re run it forever.

I really haven't been this angry since 9-11. I hope we destroy all of the host countries that promote terrorism.

Although new fact did bring some comfort.

Helicopter crews did in fact attempt to do rooftop rescues but there were too many attenas, etc. to permit any helo landings. One of the first things I'd have done if on the top floors is go to the roof. I'm glad they at least thought of it and made the effort.

We all saw footage of the jumpers on 9-11, but trust me you have not seen all of it.

The final phone messages were also extremely difficult for me to hear. I cannot imagine how hard it was to actually receive one.

Amazing what Rudy actually did given his health conditions at the tie. No mention whatsoever of Hillary. If anyone ever votes for her again for any position they should be shot.

Sitting here wondering why Bahgdad is NOT on fire right now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I think this should be required viewing for every person over 13.

I'm gonna tape it later, anyone want a copy email me. I will do it for the cost of a tape and postage.

Crap it already started. When they show it again this week I'll try and get it then bump this topic.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool, cause I missed it. I'll try and tape it when it airs again.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#10]
e-mail sent
damn i hate only having a  atennia on my TV and no HBO on the dish.

if it wasnt for ar15.com i would have missed Band of Brothers

Thanks to the person who copyied it for me [:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I do hope they show this again...for everyone who didn't experience this for themselves.

I didn't watch the TV for this.

I saw it happen IRL. :/ (_I_n _R_eal _L_ife.)

I have no need to be reminded of it, especially in such graphic detail.

I used to work on the 50th floor of Tower 1. I still don't know if the people I worked with made it out. (They should have, from the reports I gathered...but I was never especially close to the people there (it was a japanese bank), and I never kept in touch with the people I knew there, either. (We're talking 5+  years ago, I was there...) But still. In the end, I don't even know people there to contact anymore to ask if everyone I knew, from the Chefs on the 44th floor to the traders on their trading floor that I supported, made it out :( They should have, but who can tell these days.. )

I still say there should now be a very large glass-laden glowing parking lot in the Pakistan/Afghanistan area. But, who am I to dictate policy...

Either way - I'm getting my web gear ready, I'm stocking up on M193, and at the end of the day...I'm just waiting for something to happen that I can react properly to.

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Watching made me as angry as I was on 9/11. I'm with Steyr - we have every reason to go lay waste to at least 5 countries. I can only hope that there are reasons we haven't done it yet, and that we will indeed do what has to be done. I don't care if we have to kill millions of  people.
This show and the one that CBS aired back in Feb. should be replayed over and over.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Its playing again on Tuesday, the 28th at 10:00pm Eastern time.  

Garryowen, what's "swag"? [:)]

-Gloftoe
View Quote

Thanks I will record it then and make copies for those who want them. I urge anyone who has, or has a buddy who has, HBO to watch this documentary.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I do hope they show this again...for everyone who didn't experience this for themselves.

I didn't watch the TV for this.

I saw it happen IRL. :/ (_I_n _R_eal _L_ife.)

I have no need to be reminded of it, especially in such graphic detail.

I used to work on the 50th floor of Tower 1. I still don't know if the people I worked with made it out. (They should have, from the reports I gathered...but I was never especially close to the people there (it was a japanese bank), and I never kept in touch with the people I knew there, either. (We're talking 5+  years ago, I was there...) But still. In the end, I don't even know people there to contact anymore to ask if everyone I knew, from the Chefs on the 44th floor to the traders on their trading floor that I supported, made it out :( They should have, but who can tell these days.. )

I still say there should now be a very large glass-laden glowing parking lot in the Pakistan/Afghanistan area. But, who am I to dictate policy...

Either way - I'm getting my web gear ready, I'm stocking up on M193, and at the end of the day...I'm just waiting for something to happen that I can react properly to.

View Quote

Evil_Ed, welcome to the boards and glad you're here today. I dodn't watch it either for the same reasons. Take care.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey GO,
I'll give you a copy of the program for a CAV-16. With no paperwork though. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 2:55:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its playing again on Tuesday, the 28th at 10:00pm Eastern time.  

Garryowen, what's "swag"? [:)]

-Gloftoe
View Quote

Thanks I will record it then and make copies for those who want them. I urge anyone who has, or has a buddy who has, HBO to watch this documentary.
View Quote

Man, I'd love to have a copy. I'll send you some $ for your time and for the tape.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I will record it Tuesday night. I figure $8.00 is fair for whoever provides a copy, $3.00 for the tape and $5.00 for S/H.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Chu have mail SteyrAUG..

-T.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I taped this.  If anyone did not get a chance to watch it let me know and I'll mail it to you.  I think it's important that we never forget what happened that day.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Recording this now. If you want a copy I will only charge the cost of a blank $3.00 plus $5.00 for S/H.

Feel free to email me or one of the other guys who also said they will provide copies.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#24]
[b]My thoughts..............[/b]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?ID=120356[/url]
[USA]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top