Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 11:33:33 AM EDT
[url]http://www.discoverycoast.com/2002_GUIDE/southbend/southbend.html[/url]

I live about 50 miles from the Oyster Capital of the world.  Went down saw the sights ate the food and picked myself up a bushel of oysters.  I'll be heading to a friends for a gathering and an oyster kill.  Little butter, garlic, lemon, and Tabasco. mmmmm
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Well let me know if you intend to show up at Oysterfest here in Shelton so I can say howdy !
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well let me know if you intend to show up at Oysterfest here in Shelton so I can say howdy !
View Quote

When is it?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#3]
WOOO EEEE. You can't beat them raw oysters. Now thems some good shit. Put a little tabasco on them and slurp em down. Of course you need beer to go along with them
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Darn , here I am working for an oyster company and I don't remember , must be because I'm allergic to the bloody things .
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn, I wish that I had known about it. I would have gone up and had some oysters. Damn it 1gun, ya shoulda told me [:(]

Well ok, I should have known about it, without out you telling me. That's what I get for not reading the local paper.

Jamie
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Its on 6, 7 Oct 2002 at Mason County Fairgrounds .
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
It was a brave man that ate the first oyster.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, Steve! I figured you to be more of a Bearded Clam Stampede kind of guy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife came in second in last year's South Bend oyster eating contest.  I asked her if she wanted to go again, but we decided not to go this year.

That ceremony honoring WWII veterans they do is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn, Steve! I figured you to be more of a Bearded Clam Stampede kind of guy.
View Quote

That's tonight  [;)]

BTW - they were outstanding!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Kumamoto's are screaming!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 2:17:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 2:45:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was a brave man that ate the first oyster.
View Quote

Well, oysters look fairly "benign"....I give the brass balls award to the first caveman that decided to try eating a LOBSTER!
View Quote

Lobsters are definitely creepy looking, but I gotta agree with Arock on this one.  

Lobsters, once cooked, look edible.  Oysters look like big gobs of gray phlegm no matter what you do to them.  And I like oysters, but I wouldn't have been the first one to eat one.

I'm guessing that conversation went something like this when man first decided to eat oysters:

"Ug, Grog, eat this"

"I'm not gonna try it, you try it."

"I'm not gonna try it."

"Let's get Mikey."

"He won't eat it. He hates everything."

...maybe I watched too much TV as a kid.  [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top