Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 8:37:37 AM EDT
I am sure that most people here have heard of the Second Amendment Sisters (SAS), but I just wanted to post this topic for those who don't know about them.

SAS is a non-profit organization that relies, like the NRA, on its members contributions.  Unlike the BS anti-gunners groups like the Brady Bunch, etc., all of SAS's leaders work on a purely voluntarily basis.  Nobody gets paid.  They do a damned good job of making the MMM's look like the buttheads that the really are.  They embrace firearms ownership and self-protection, and they hold rallies.  

They do it all on donations.  Rarely do they ask for money.  My wife and I have been members now for over a year, and I can truly say that SAS is one of the most impressive pro-gun organizations that I have seen.

Of course, they get next to no media attention.  At the last MMM gathering in DC, the ignorant MMM's trashed the SAS tables, threw their flyers and hand-outs in the dumpsters (while the SAS ladies were getting more supplies from their vans), and yelled and screamed threats at them.  The DC police, who, it was said, thought the SAS members were much better informed and better behaved, had to be called in.

Anyway, I would like to ask our members here to support SAS just like we support the NRA and GOA.  They need all the members and donations that they can get.

Check them out on the web at www.2asisters.org. Get your wives and daughters to participate... Men can join too (I am a proud member of SAS) Join them or by writing or calling them.  Here is their contact info:

Second Amendment Sisters
990 R.R. 620 S.
Suite C-101
Box 228
Austin, TX 78734
Toll free phone/fax: 877-271-6216
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

At the last MMM gathering in DC, the ignorant MMM's trashed the SAS tables, threw their flyers and hand-outs in the dumpsters (while the SAS ladies were getting more supplies from their vans), and yelled and screamed threats at them.  
View Quote

You mean like the well behaved MMM member who shot a totally innocent guy who she thought attacked her daughter? Why, that's almost shocking!!

Here locally, I helped work a SAS gun training class. Something wonderful about a good looking female who shoots................  >gg<
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something wonderful about a good looking female who shoots................  >gg<
View Quote

I second that statement[^]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something wonderful about a good looking female who shoots................  >gg<
View Quote

I second that statement[^]
View Quote

Ditto, guys!  The fastest growing segment of the "gun culture" is women.  It's fun to go to the range with our buddies...  spit and cuss and have a good time.  But throw in a couple (or even one!) good looking ladies who love to shoot, and it makes all the difference in the world. :^)

Take a lady shooting.  Show her that it is not what the Brady Bunch says it is.  Whether it is your wife, your girlfriend or sister (or a friend's wife or girlfriend!), take her shooting.  And tell her about the SAS.  She'll have a good time and she will enjoy the company of the Second Amendment Sisters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top