Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 6:51:42 AM EDT
I've been in Tampa on business (actually in Saddlebrook) lately, and I had my family come down Thursday so we could spend the weekend together. I looked around for a range, but then I realized that I didn't bring any guns. The family and I did the Busch Gardens thing on Friday (fun fun, but $50 a head, still cheaper than Disney). My son and I played golf, while the old lady spent some time at the spa.

We have today and tomorrow left, so just looking for any recommendations from the local folk on stuff to do around Tampa. I also want to take the family to a seafood restaraunt on the ocean. I'm guessing this will be about an hour away, but do you guys have any recommendations for a place that serves quality food.

Thanks guys, oh yeah, isn't Kurt's around here somewhere?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
no one here from the tampa area?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Hoosier,

Sorry that I didn't see your post earlier. Knight Shooting Sports has a new state of the art indoor range at 12000 US Hwy 19 North in Clearwater (727) 546-4447. They rent guns and also rent SMG's. Not sure if they will be open Monday - call first.

A really good seafood restaurant is the Salt Rock Grill 19325 Gulf Blvd on Indian Rocks Beach (727) 593-7625. Great steaks and seafood $15 - $20 a person. I called and they open tomorrow at 4:00 for dinner. I'd call for reservations. The restaurant is on the Intercoastal Waterway directly across from the beach. Great view.

A good place for Grouper sandwiches and other seafood is the Bally Hoo Grill 16699 Gulf Blvd North Redington Beach (727) 320-0536. They will be open tomorrow for lunch and dinner. $10 - $15 a person This restaurant is across from the beach.

Email me your phone number if you need help with directions and I'll call you. Hope this helps.

Larry
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Larry,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see it in time, so we just did a little searching. We stopped and checked out the Rusty Pelican and Castaway's before deciding on Landry's. It ended up being around $100 for the family, including appitizer and dessert. Pretty good food. I found out tonight that our flight is A LOT earlier than I thought, so it looks like today was it and I'll be leaving pretty early tomorrow.

I wish I would have known about Knight Shooting Sports, I'm sure it would have been fun. Thanks again for the reply, I'll be sure to check out those restaraunts the next time I'm down this way.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont know if you are into this sort of thing, but you have several firearm manufacturers in Florida. A few of which welcome visitors. Starting in Tampa you have Serbu firearms and AnzioIronworks. In Kissimmee/StCloud you have Spider Firearms (that would be my shop). In the Coco/Daytona area is KelTech and Knight. There are a few others I cant think of right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top