Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 6:11:32 AM EDT
Then check this out!

This is the very reason that when people say, 'But Bill Clinton didn't [u]personally[/u] gain from any of those contributions from the Chinese government' they're full of sh|t!

[size=4]Visit to Shenzhen, Clinton Makes $250,000[/size=4]
China Times May 25, 2002 from The Drudge Report

Beijing -- Former US President Bill Clinton yesterday made his first visit to mainland China since leaving office. The visit was at the invitation of a Mainland Chinese real estate firm which asked him to make a speech in Shenzhen, the topic was "The World Trade Organization and China's Real Estate Economy." After completing his half-hour speech, the real estate firm which invited him paid him an honorarium of [b]US$250,000.[/b]

The symposium was hosted by noted Chinese master of ceremonies Yang Lan, and there were over 300 people in the audience, made up of CHinese, Hong Kong and American political and business celebrities, including Shenzhen Mayor Yu Huanjun, and the American Consul general in Guangzhou.

Today's Guangzhou Daily News revealed that Clinton's speech, which was scheduled to begin at 9:30 am, was pushed back over an hour when his flight was delayed. [b]The 30-minute talk on "WTO and China's Real Estate Economy" was marked by not a few digressions and ad-libbed comments, leaving the impression that he did not have sufficient knowledge of the subject, that his focus was scattered, and mid-way through the presentation, several listeners were seen to be taking out their earpieces through which they heard the translation.[/b]

After the speech, members of the audience asked serious questions about the world economy and the political situation, including questions about the effect of WTO membership on Shenzhen's situation, which the former president had no way of answering. In answering a question on how he thought the middle east crisis could be resolved, he wrung his hands together and answered [b]"I don't know, I really don't know." At this, a sound of suppressed laughter rippled through the audience.[/b]

End.

The audience knew what they were paying for, and Bill Clinton's expertise in foreign trade matters was simply not what they wanted.

Eric The(SorryToRuinY'all'sMemorialDay)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, [b]kpel308[/b], but I did apologize in advance for ruining your Memorial Day Weekend!

[size=3][b]Treason doth never prosper:
what is the reason?
Why, if it prosper,
none dare call it treason.[/b][/size=3]

[b]- Sir John Harrington (1561 - 1612)[/b]

See, it [u]can't[/u] be treason, for Bill Clinton prospers!

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I keep telling myself klinton is irrelevant, klinton is history.  Doesn't work.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:49:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Makes sense..I was kinda wondering why the Chinese (who really cant  have much respect for him) would actually "pay" to listen to him yammer on about the "third way" and global politics..the speech was just a facade..to get the check..wonder how many more "speeches" he has got coming...
His presidency is a blight on the name and office...and always will be ...
its his "legacy". As icons go he ranks right up there with Benedict Arnold &Judas
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I keep telling myself klinton is irrelevant, klinton is history.  Doesn't work.
View Quote

The F*ckin Bastard keeps coming back over and over again on Tv and the papers. Hes like a little kid "LOOK AT ME. LOOK AT ME" I hate him so much[V]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Check to see if this doesn't describe our Boy Wonder former President:

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear."

--Marcus Tullius Cicero, 42 B.C.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#7]
He's like a bad, undercooked hot dog I had at the ballpark once: the nausea, gas pains and diarrhea just wouldn't seem to go away. [:X*]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Check to see if this doesn't describe our Boy Wonder former President:

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear."

--Marcus Tullius Cicero, 42 B.C.
View Quote

Well said. Describes him to a tee
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Bill Clinton, proof an after birth can survive.

He is proof that this nation is going to the dogs, how else can you explain that he was elected twice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bill Clinton, proof an after birth can survive.

He is proof that this nation is going to the dogs, how else can you explain that he was elected twice.
View Quote

It is my belief he would be elected tomorrow in a landslide. [:(!]  Same constituency as last time.  Women, minorities and welfare recipients.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:43:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
To Bill Clinton,
You drink out of the toilet, you imprudent, scat tasting, duck provoking, pseudo-human android spawn of a dyspeptic cannibal.

You roll in smelly stuff to disguise your scent, you abysmal, maggot ingesting, squid sucking, aberrant promulgator of a nihilist in denial.

You wag your tail like your mother, you infected, puss gobbling, pig abusing, forgotten firstborn of a lab experiment."

Ahhhhh.. now I feel somewhat better.
View Quote

You forgot to tell us what you think about Hitlery[:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Bill Clinton is a tool.

Edited to add: Hillary has fat ankles!! Gross!!

Edited one more time: Al Gore is a tool.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
To Bill Clinton,
You drink out of the toilet, you imprudent, scat tasting, duck provoking, pseudo-human android spawn of a dyspeptic cannibal.

You roll in smelly stuff to disguise your scent, you abysmal, maggot ingesting, squid sucking, aberrant promulgator of a nihilist in denial.

You wag your tail like your mother, you infected, puss gobbling, pig abusing, forgotten firstborn of a lab experiment."

View Quote

And I thought what I said was bad, boy did I miss the mark!
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To Bill Clinton,

View Quote

That was good, but how do you really feel about slick willy.

Hey Eric, isn't this the second time he did this.  I can't remember if he spoke back when those blankety-blank chicoms kidnapped our Navy personnel, or did he cancel that appointment.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He's like a bad, undercooked hot dog I had at the ballpark once: the nausea, gas pains and diarrhea just wouldn't seem to go away. [:X*]
View Quote

Klinton is a turd that won't flush.

How wonderful would it be if his paycheck bounced?  >gg<
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://home.wanadoo.nl/funniest/clinton/bubbanose.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[img]http://home.wanadoo.nl/funniest/clinton/bubbanose.gif[/img]
View Quote

... Hey, I thought filth and obscenity was disallowed from this site!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top